The T1200 project...

Here you can post about your various experiences with PC hardware. You can also post about hardware that is not compatible with the linux kernel or not recommended for use with Porteus.
n0ctilucient
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: fullmoonremix

The T1200 project...

Post#1 by n0ctilucient » 05 Oct 2020, 12:26

This thread explores a new server build that I am doing based on the T1200 (Travla) dual itx server chassis.

My idea is to do a heterogeneous high performance build that checks off all the boxes and in particular... securty.

My last build of this kind used a Clusterboard (Pine64).

I have since moved away from this product due to lack of Alpine Linux support.

So this build will use 2 TuringPi (ARM) cluster boards w/ PiCompute modules networked to 2 Ailix (x86) developer boards.

I also intend to add Google 'tensor' processor units (TPU) for artificial intelligence support.

6 PiCompute modules in each cluster will be powered by Alpine Linux (host) and Minix/NetBSD (guest) with the 'head' (7th node/module)... powered by Alpine Linux (host) and Porteus (guest).

The Ailix boards will be powered by Alpine Linux (host) and Minix/NetBSD (guest).

Welcome... to any helpful positive input in advance.

More to follow...
I receive no compensation and offer only ideas and info to consider... the rest is on you. If you have concerns... then do the right thing and reach out through PM.

fu11m00nremix
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: fu11m00nremix

The T1200 project...

Post#2 by fu11m00nremix » 08 Oct 2020, 19:56

I will be updating this thread under my new username.
I receive no compensation and offer only ideas and info to "consider"... the rest is on you. If you have concerns... then do the right thing and reach out through PM.