Porteus on Pinephone When?

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
dan781
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: porteus 3.1

Post#1 by dan781 » 11 Apr 2021, 03:04

When will the most
intelligent,
fast
nifty
space efficient`
secure and
user friendly variant of linux
be available on a Smartphone?

Has anybody given this a thought as a viable option?
According to every review I ve read so far, all the available
distros tested are either geeky, laggy, buggy, and / or unstable.
Curiously hoping.
Dan 781

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Post#2 by ncmprhnsbl » 13 Apr 2021, 13:10

:) thanks for the kind words
while there's some work done for ARM: Porteus-ARM (not specifically pinephone cortex-A53, i think)
and that has ceased for the moment too..
currently there's no development that i'm aware of to do a porteus style phone port ..
personally, if i had a pinephone (or any other suitable hardware), i'd be checking out Postmarket0S https://postmarketos.org/
based on Alpine Linux, which your description could just as easily fit :)
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

juanrossi
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: yes

Post#3 by juanrossi » 11 May 2021, 12:05

Seems it a really interesting solution for. Bravo! Another important factor to consider when choosing a custom software development services provider is the developer's programming experience. The programmers who provide your software development services should be experienced and knowledgeable in the latest development technologies and computer languages. Furthermore, these developers should be able to test your application thoroughly. All developers should be free of preconceived design concepts. All developers should be able to work closely with you and your organization in order to develop a solution that meets both your needs and budget constraints.