quiet module (de)activation in 5.0 rc2

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
dutchkind
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Opensuse Tumbleweed

Post#1 by dutchkind » 03 Nov 2020, 19:41

In Porteus 4 I could deactivate and activate a module with the quiet flag, this seems to be gone from 5.0. Any reason for that? It was quite handy for my auto update scripts that updates some of my own modules mainly containing scripts. Since that happens as soon as an internet connection is established, that happens when the screen is not yet fully loaded and so no questions or buttons are seen. Usually the update just continues but not always, and I guess it has to do with the quiet flag being dropped. Would be nice to have it back.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#2 by Ed_P » 03 Nov 2020, 20:12

This is what I use for quiet activation processing.

Code: Select all

echo $PSW | sudo -S deactivate /mnt/sda6/$FOLDER/Modules/firefox-*.xzm  > /dev/null 2>&1 &
sleep 2
echo $PSW | sudo -S activate /mnt/sda6/porteus5.0/Optional/firefox-*.xzm  > /dev/null 2>&1 &
Ed

dutchkind
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Opensuse Tumbleweed

Post#3 by dutchkind » 04 Nov 2020, 14:22

Thanks, that works, although a fully quiet mode would be nice. Now I understand why I got a message that only modules with .xzm extension were supported, the quiet flag is the first argument and is in 5.0 interpreted as a module name.