kernel 3.0.1 and LXDE updates are ready for testing (x86_64)

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: kernel 3.0.1 and LXDE updates are ready for testing (x86

Post#16 by fanthom » 05 Sep 2011, 09:21

@Tonio
Is there an updated iso? I went looking for one, but was unable to find one.
only new kernel is released so far due to heavily modified config.
Don't worry about the statement here:
http://porteus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=747#p5958
no problem :)
after seeing video of upcoming slax 7 i was little jealous about it's size so i have dumped nepomuk and deps, removed less necessary packages, replaced wicd with networkmanager, etc... - got 240 MB but found networkmanager less comfortable in use than wicd.
wicd requires python + friends so 64bit ISO of Porteus 1.1 should be around 260 MB with the same functionality as 1.0 (except of nepomuk) and few extra packages like kamerka, gnome-mplayer, touchpad tweaking tool for KDE-4, etc...
If you or Brokenman has a new iso for testing, we are here and would gladly test it out.
not sure about brokenman's plan regarding 32bit edition but will post release schedule of Porteus-1.1 today. 32bit's should be roughly the same with final release date :)

Cheers
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Tonio
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Slackware,porteus,FreeBSD,Slax

Re: kernel 3.0.1 and LXDE updates are ready for testing (x86

Post#17 by Tonio » 05 Sep 2011, 11:54

fanthom wrote:@Tonio
no problem :)
after seeing video of upcoming slax 7 i was little jealous about it's size so i have dumped nepomuk and deps, removed less necessary packages, replaced wicd with networkmanager, etc... - got 240 MB but found networkmanager less comfortable in use than wicd.
wicd requires python + friends so 64bit ISO of Porteus 1.1 should be around 260 MB with the same functionality as 1.0 (except of nepomuk) and few extra packages like kamerka, gnome-mplayer, touchpad tweaking tool for KDE-4, etc...
Cheers
Awesome!!! :Bravo: :good: 8) As always you find ways to make porteus better.