[SOLVED] Default Users on Live CD

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
DoomUs
White ninja
White ninja

[SOLVED] Default Users on Live CD

Post#1 by DoomUs » 07 Jun 2011, 20:09

I'm trying to build a live-cd from "porteus-v09-i486", and I would like the cd to log on a user other than root by default. A "guest" account like in "rc2" would be preferable.

What portion of the .iso do I modify to add users? and how do I set up the live-cd to boot to one of those users by default? Also, where do I set a new default password for root?

Thanks.
Last edited by DoomUs on 10 Jun 2011, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Default Users on Live CD

Post#2 by brokenman » 07 Jun 2011, 21:56

I think the easiest way for you would be to boot v09, then go into the control center and use the GUI to change the guest user to login by default. After this save your changes to a module and drop into the base folder. Make an ISO using the make_iso script in the porteus folder and burn down.

There was a 'guest' module floating around somewhere, but i havn't looked at v09 for a while.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

DoomUs
White ninja
White ninja

Re: Default Users on Live CD

Post#3 by DoomUs » 07 Jun 2011, 23:04

Yeah, that all sounds well and good, but when I try to do it, I can't find any option for creating a new user in the control center. So, I create one via the command line. Then, I can't find any way to modify/manage this user from the control center. Further, I can't find anything in the control center about a "default user" or any such setting.

Edit: Found the auto-logon feature under "Convenience" tab in the Control Center's System Administration->Login Manager.
Thanks @brokenman