Need some clarifications...

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
vikrantc16
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: backbox, slax, zenwalk etc.

Need some clarifications...

Post#1 by vikrantc16 » 03 Jun 2015, 08:43

Hi Porteus community. I wanna ask what kind of license does Porteus use and where can I find source code of Porteus? I want to build a Porteus based distro. :crazy:

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Need some clarifications...

Post#2 by fanthom » 03 Jun 2015, 17:00

Porteus is based on Slackware and uses GPL license. you may get package sources directly from the Slackware server:
http://slackbuilds.org/mirror/slackware ... .1/source/

our own tools are based on bash/gtkdialog and are shipped with every ISO. please boot porteus and have a look on the
/opt/porteus-scripts directory. some other tools are spread around the system (its not possible to keep everything in /opt).

creating Porteus derivative is an ambitious plan. unfortunately i wont be able to offer much support so please study our scripts carefully (you are pretty much on your own).
if you know bash and have good understanding how linux works then you should be fine.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.