Trinity64 is out!

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
nucleus
White ninja
White ninja

Trinity64 is out!

Post#1 by nucleus » 21 Apr 2011, 07:28

Unbelievable but true: There is a 64-Bit-Version of trinity and ubuntu on the net:

Linux23.com - Software Torrent Downloads:
http://www.linux23.com/torrent/kubuntu- ... 130be7a1c8

Trinity Ubuntu-Downloadpage:
http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net/cdimage ... sktop.html
When I post a thread then actually because:
-I wanna discuss WHY I do this or that
-I like linux so much and everything with open source
-I want it as complicate as possible
-I wanna recompile my kernel
-I adore other peoples computer-knowledge

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Re: Trinity64 is out!

Post#2 by Hamza » 21 Apr 2011, 08:38

Moved from Unsupported Software to Development

It can be integrated in Porteus ;)
NjVFQzY2Rg==

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#3 by Rava » 21 Apr 2011, 15:37

Hamza wrote:Moved from Unsupported Software to Development

It can be integrated in Porteus ;)
Indeed it can... As soon as I get a VM running on here I create an image for Trinity64 to better copy stuff between Porteus 64 and Trinity 64. :Yahoo!:
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord

Post#4 by Hamza » 21 Apr 2011, 15:43

Indeed it can... As soon as I get a VM running on here I create an image for Trinity64 to better copy stuff between Porteus 64 and Trinity 64.
This is good idea.
NjVFQzY2Rg==

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#5 by fanthom » 21 Apr 2011, 21:00

@Hamza
"It can be integrated in Porteus"
sorry but i will stay with KDE-4. It's should not be a problem to replace KDE-4 with Trinity64 since modularity is built into Porteus philosophy.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord

Post#6 by Hamza » 21 Apr 2011, 21:05

sorry but i will stay with KDE-4. It's should not be a problem to replace KDE-4 with Trinity64 since modularity is built into Porteus philosophy.
I would like says , it can be integrated same as addon?
NjVFQzY2Rg==

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#7 by Rava » 21 Apr 2011, 21:16

fanthom wrote:sorry but i will stay with KDE-4. It's should not be a problem to replace KDE-4 with Trinity64 since modularity is built into Porteus philosophy.
It's not just about KDE or not.

My issue e.g. is right now having an image viewer that can show animated gif as that: animated.
And now I also want animated png cause these are even better (> 256 colours and less compression artifacts) and while I managed to get a viewer for that, so far I fail at getting it running on 64 bit.

And I think that is just one example, there will be more software that we can use as module, sure, KDE programs will want KDE libraries, but with a new PC with lots of RAM and the ability to load and unload modules that is no longer an issue, whatever xserver the Porteus user has running, (s)he can choot to have KDE and Gnome and XFce and whatever libraries also installed, albeit temporarily...

That is the win with a live modular system. :)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord

Post#8 by Hamza » 21 Apr 2011, 21:35

My issue e.g. is right now having an image viewer that can show animated gif as that: animated.
And now I also want animated png cause these are even better (> 256 colours and less compression artifacts) and while I managed to get a viewer for that, so far I fail at getting it running on 64 bit.

And I think that is just one example, there will be more software that we can use as module, sure, KDE programs will want KDE libraries, but with a new PC with lots of RAM and the ability to load and unload modules that is no longer an issue, whatever xserver the Porteus user has running, (s)he can choot to have KDE and Gnome and XFce and whatever libraries also installed, albeit temporarily...
Sorry , It's useful , but it is not about Trinity on 64bit.

if you want suggest any new features or something , please open a new thread in Development section.

Please respect this rule.
11. Keep on topic - If you are replying about something to do with iptables for example, and someone mentions a configuration tool that runs in KDE, don't start talking about KDE, stick to the topic. Go start a new topic and post a link to the old one if there is relevant information there.

Regards,
NjVFQzY2Rg==

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#9 by Rava » 21 Apr 2011, 21:44

Hamza wrote:Sorry , It's useful , but it is not about Trinity on 64bit.
I disagree, I think it is. I am sure that Trinity 64 bit will at least have some 64 bit software that Porteus 64 bit up to now has not, and we can just take it from Trinity 64 bit with all needed libraries and check it out if it also works well with Porteus 64.

What I said about the image viewer was just meant as one example, not as a request or anything like that...

At least I will check out the trinity 64 bit software and ponder if one module or more than one might make sense, especially when I want a system without KDE and hopefully without all the KDE libraries as well...
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord

Post#10 by Hamza » 21 Apr 2011, 21:46

What I said about the image viewer was just meant as one example, not as a request or anything like that...
Sorry , you can continue in this topic!
NjVFQzY2Rg==