Low battery alert status PLEASE

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
chosenbygrace
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus

Low battery alert status PLEASE

Post#1 by chosenbygrace » 19 Mar 2014, 21:14

So I checked the energy config to make sure I wasn't asking for a redundant feature, I'm not. Can someone make or install a battery alert program, because often I forget my laptop isn't charging or the cord falls out, and without any obvious warning, the laptop shots off and it's a big nuisance because it takes 10 minutes to reconfigure my set up again. Like could someone make, if there's no such app, a program that beeps and lets you change the sound if you want with some aac mp3 or wav file with a configurable presetting of 6 minutes till power off, and that flashes a red battery shaped warning indicator with the time and power left at some configurable position and size but with a preset, like that's preset to show an image at the upper right hand corner so that if you're watching a movie it's not too annoying an interruption?

This sudden power off has happened to me so many times it forced me to post this request, metaphorically speaking.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Low battery alert status PLEASE

Post#2 by brokenman » 19 Mar 2014, 22:17

Please update you profile with the desktop that you are using. You have 'porteus' there but it would be easier for us to know which desktop environment you are using. This type of function already exists in some desktops.
because it takes 10 minutes to reconfigure my set up again.
Then you should read the Porteus documentation. This isn't necessary.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#3 by Ed_P » 28 Apr 2014, 15:09

Does the sound alert option exist in RazorQT 3.0?
Ed

freestyler
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus XFCE

Post#4 by freestyler » 28 Apr 2014, 15:24

I haven't seen one
https://www.porteus-apps.org

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#5 by Ed_P » 04 May 2014, 15:03

Is there a way to control the status's bar display? If my battery is fully charged or 77% charged or 60% charged the display appears as half full. And at 59% drops to a single bar.
Ed