porteus 32bit alpha testers required

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯

Re: porteus 32bit alpha testers required

Post#46 by Blaze » 18 Mar 2011, 18:17

Whereis the damm setting for the konsole font?
Here /etc/rc.d/rc.font
set your font in your rc.font

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
setfont /usr/share/kbd/consolefonts/name-of-font-here
You can display a font with this command:

Code: Select all

showconsolefont
Cheers
Linux 6.6.11-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Jan 14 12:07:37 MSK 2024 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600] [1002:73ff] (rev c7) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Post#47 by wread » 19 Mar 2011, 13:26

That were advices for beginners. I wish that had been so easy. Thank you for your kindness, Blaze!
It is not a bug, but a conception error. I will explain:

I have a laptop with spanish keyboard, locales in Santo Domingo is spanish, too. So, first thing I do is to switch to keyboard es; then I change us to us intl, to have access to acentos á, é, í etc, ñ and ü -, to be able to use other machines (home, office,etc.). Normally I had been doing it from the taskbar.

By this beta version, that did not work for me.

Then I kept testing and found that Start>>System>>Language-Selection-Tool throws a locales-xzm file in folder root. I just changed that file to modules and rebooted. Violà!, Wunderschön!, Я нашел!, I found it! :Yahoo!:

Maybe fanthoms locales-xzm should be part of one the base modules or simply, put it in there from the beginning......

Regards
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#48 by fanthom » 19 Mar 2011, 15:31

@wread
"Maybe fanthoms locales-xzm should be part of one the base modules or simply, put it in there from the beginning......"
locales-xzm are generated according to user preferences and can't be included in the ISO by default.
i prefer when user is aware of existence of this package - that's why he must move it to /porteus/modules himself.
i'm not going to create another Ubuntu where everything is done automatically and works just perfect till something goes wrong ( as then nobody is able to fix it).

thanks for suggestion anyway :)
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.