@saneks - I noticed the same issue with right clicking on an archive in pcmanfm. creating an archive works, but extracting doesn't -- I had a similar issue in thunar-archive-plugin and had to modify the config file (to match a newer syntax in file-roller, I believe) but I haven't been able to track down the config for pcmanfm yet. Will keep this on my "To Do" list.
I'll also look into having the porteus logo on the start button, I agree that it's a good idea (the other three desktops have it!) and your keybindings (thanks for posting the config) too.
Also, earlier in this thread you reported an issue with pcmanfm not seeing your network shares. Can you tell me what kind of network shares you have set up? Is it samba? Does it work in thunar when you run xfce? Thanks!
@wread - yes, cups was moved to the new printing pack (07-printing.xzm). If you download your packages through ppm and you don't have the printing pack activated, it should add cups to the required list and download it like any other dependency. That said, if cups is required for the printing, chrome and libreoffice modules, we may be able to convince fanthom to choke down another 2.2MB in 002-xorg.xzm and put it there to avoid having duplicated copies across several other modules. We've got a bit of a balancing act going on with how we handle dependencies like cups and GConf that aren't required for anything inside the default iso's but are required for multiple "additional modules" like browsers, printing, and office software, which we want to continue offering as bundles.
@att - made a little headway on tightvnc this morning, but still not there after a couple hours of fooling around with it. I'd like to sort it out because it brings in fewer run-time dependencies than tigervnc and I know you were having some issues with tigervnc too, so it'd be good to see if what happens in tightvnc to help track down those issues (keyboard layout changers and more I think). To get the vncserver to start up, I had to add these packages:
In addition, I had to manually do the following:
Code: Select all
font-misc-misc is a relatively large pacakge (3MB) but I found it only needed the 6x12 fonts in /usr/share/fonts/misc and the others could be dropped, so this would only add ~130kb.
So, that gets the server running, but then the viewer won't start, complaining (*again*) that it can't find a valid font (now it's looking for a helvetica font). I installed all of the X11 fonts that are included in Slackware and the thing still wouldn't fire up. I've pulled the source and I found a bit of a hack online that I may try to see if I can get it working. Stay tuned...and feel free to give it a go yourself and see if something shakes loose