Module maintainers needed

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Module maintainers needed

Post#1 by Ahau » 25 Nov 2012, 19:21

Hey everyone,

We have received many requests for providing alternative browsers for Porteus. So far, we have had requests for Google Chrome and Opera, which are very good choices from my point of view. We're a community of volunteers and with your help, we can work together to improve Porteus.

We are looking for contributors that are willing to maintain official versions of these modules for us on the Porteus repo. We have seen many contributors who have posted unofficial versions of these browsers already :)

We would be very happy if some of you would volunteer to help the community by providing these modules to the community.

Just post reply to this topic with the browsers name that you are willing to build. The modules will need to be built from Slackware-compatible (tgz/txz) packages with maintained build scripts to document any custom changes.

Here is a list of modules we are looking to have maintained:

- Google Chrome
- Opera Browser
- other suggestions?

Thanks!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

peter86
White ninja
White ninja

Re: Module maintainers needed

Post#2 by peter86 » 27 Nov 2012, 16:10

Hi everyone, i like Opera browser and have some experience in it.
So i propose myself ))))

I ready to create recipe list/build script (how i build it). It is size cheap, and very useful for education, and creation based modification.
I think that every module must be with lot of descriptions and build scripts, everything must be opened and clear.

And i ready to maintain Google Chrome/Chromium browser.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Re: Module maintainers needed

Post#3 by Hamza » 27 Nov 2012, 18:17

@peter86, Post here what you have done and we'll have a look and let you know if this has been done correctly :)
NjVFQzY2Rg==