libkde -> libtde

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
colchaodemola
White ninja
White ninja

libkde -> libtde

Post#1 by colchaodemola » 11 Jul 2012, 17:44

Since now all kde libraries starts with libtde e libqt3 libraries are libtqt3 , how can i make old compiled apps work?
I can hexedit and rename the references to libkde to libtde with no problems . But rename libqt to libtqt will change the file size so the executable will segfault.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: libkde -> libtde

Post#2 by brokenman » 11 Jul 2012, 18:09

Any old kde apps will need to be recompiled under tqt3. qt3 was abandoned (as was kde-3.5.10) and is now being maintained by the Trinity desktop maintainers. We have to move with the times which unfortunately means recompiling old apps. Worse still, some source code for kapps is hard coded to look for certain libraries which means alot of source needs to be edited. For example if source mentions QT_OBJECT it will now need to say TQT_OBJECT.

If you have any kapps that you would like recompiled let me know. I have most here rewritten for tde but many are still not compiling because tde is still under development. The addons and extras will be the last thing that gets attention.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

colchaodemola
White ninja
White ninja

Post#3 by colchaodemola » 12 Jul 2012, 10:01

Hi brokenman, thanks for the tip.
I'd be really glad if you were able to compile kmymoney and pinentry-qt (to use kmymoney gpg encryption feature).
Thanks.

colchaodemola
White ninja
White ninja

Post#4 by colchaodemola » 09 Aug 2012, 16:17

Hi brokenman, have you had any free time to take a look on this ?
Thanks again.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#5 by brokenman » 10 Aug 2012, 13:24

Sorry, i have been a little busy with some other projects and havn't had time to compile this. Also waiting for activity in Trinity development to settle down a little. Will post once it is ready.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.