xorg-paths-patch.xzm

New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

xorg-paths-patch.xzm

Post#1 by wread » 12 Feb 2012, 22:00

@fanthom, @brokenman

This patch is in mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hdy51v49jhu8674

If you are running KDE4 32-bits or Trinity in a 64 bits machine you will get the incorrect window manager in /tmp/.wmanager.

This is because the current script supposes 32-bits is always Trinity and 64-bits is always KDE4.:%)

I commented out 2 lines and added 2 new and signed WRead. I don't know if that is the best way to discriminate between kde and kde4, but it works for me!

Regards!

EDIT: This patch was modified according to advise of brokenman; it is posted again corrected.
Now it works fine!
Last edited by wread on 18 Feb 2012, 22:13, edited 2 times in total.
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: xorg-paths-patch.xzm

Post#2 by brokenman » 13 Feb 2012, 20:18

Thanks Wread i will look into this.

One may have Trinity modules but be using KDE4 or vice versa but i think we can achieve what we need using environment variables.

env|grep trinity
env|grep DESKTOP_SESSION

It gets a little tricky with LXDE, Trinity and KDE all activated at the same time.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Re: xorg-paths-patch.xzm

Post#3 by wread » 18 Feb 2012, 22:22

@brokenman
Here is the new version of xorg-paths-patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?qnivmwysgiwsbq6

To discriminate kde4 there is an environment variable named KDE_SESSION_VERSION; For kde4 its value is 4.
This variable doesn't exist at all in Trinity. So I modified the two lines as follows:

Code: Select all

## Modified by WRead to allow KDE4 32-bits too!
[ "$kde" -eq 1 ] && [ "$KDE_SESSION_VERSION" == "4" ] && export DSESS=kde4
[ "$kde" -eq 1 ] && [ -z "$KDE_SESSION_VERSION" ] && export DSESS=kde
I hope you will like it!

Regards! :)
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!