Squeezebox Server

Post links to your 32-bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
[IDC]Dragon
White ninja
White ninja

Squeezebox Server

Post#1 by [IDC]Dragon » 23 Aug 2011, 04:56

Hi,

Squeezebox server is amoung the most important services of my home server. Which is running on Slax since I built it a couple of years ago, a few weeks ago I switched to Porteus, migrating all my modules.
I've been maintaining a Squeezebox module all the time, loosely following Slim Devices' / Logitechs releases. To make it also fit for Porteus, I had to adjust my patch procedure a little bit. Now it should work for both, Slax too, if converted to its module format.

This is the latest version 7.6.1, just released yesterday, freshly patched and wrapped by me:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6ya1r7d5idwyrgj

Here are the release notes from Logitech:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Release_Notes

Instructions:
The server is auto-starting on boot. You can use the web frontend for check and setup, add port 9000 (:9000) to the URL of your machine. Preferences are saved into /home/squeezebox, make sure to persist this folder to make your settings permanent. I'm using the rootcopy folder to do so, or you could create a little extra module for it, or pack your settings in the big module, or...
The start script creates an extra user "squeezebox" owning that home directory.

Dependencies:
MySQL is required. (At least I think they still use it.) I once made a module of a now sure outdated version 5.0.85 and never touched it again (the works-for-me effect). Can provide that on request, if Porteus has no better.

Have fun!
Jörg

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: Squeezebox Server

Post#2 by francois » 23 Aug 2011, 21:15

Thanks for that application.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.