interlink V52.9.7899 GTK3 en_UK (email and news client, slim Mozilla Thunderbird fork)

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

interlink V52.9.7899 GTK3 en_UK (email and news client, slim Mozilla Thunderbird fork)

Post#1 by Rava » 09 Oct 2021, 05:44

interlink V52.9.7899 GTK3 en_UK (email and news client, slim Mozilla Thunderbird fork) which is the most recent version.
Runs in x86-64 4.0, 5.0rc1 and 5.0rc-current.

Initial post about older version with lots of info on interlink here: Interlink gtk2 (email and news client, slim Mozilla Thunderbird fork)

Cave¹! I removed the two deactivated Add-Ons.

Code: Select all

{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/ : Lightning calendar
{a62ef8ec-5fdc-40c2-873c-223b8a6925cc}.xpi : GoogleCalendar
CAVE²! By default Interlink downloads all of your INBOX and all other Email boxes like sent, spam or trash to your users home directory. That's in the case of my main Email account more than a GB of data, and it goes all into your RAM aufs filesystem and might freeze or even crash your system.
So, after you made your setup, aka gave the email address and IMAP settings and whatnot, best exit Interlink and move the folder "/home/guest/.binary outcast" and all subfolders to a non-RAM based media, best one with Linux filesystem (or you compromise security, see below).
After moving the folder, create a symlink that links to the new location on your hard drive (see below).
Only then you should start it up again and connect it to your email account to actually download the emails.

This looks like so on my machine:

Code: Select all

root@porteus:/home/guest# ls -l .binary\ outcast
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Dec 31 03:39 .binary outcast -> /mnt/sda6/home/guest/.binary outcast/
You could as well use a FAT or NTFS filesystem, but be aware of the possible risks when you let Interlink store your Email account password. Therefore I strongly recommend using a Linux filesystem for storing the Interlink data and email post boxes :hi:

Here is the download link via filehorst:
https://filehorst.de/d/eiBhmyBk

Filename is "007-interlink-52.9.7899.linux-x86_64-gtk3_en_UK_rava_ln-interlink-bin.xzm"; size 38.19 MB MB or 40046592 Bytes.
The md5sum is like filehorst says it is:
4a05c19f915b7860a0a1a129dba73483

To get it, first wait 15 seconds "Dein Download wird jetzt vorbereitet." (Your download is being prepared)
Then click "Jetzt zur Download-Seite" (now to the download page)
Then click "Dein Download steht nun bereit. Klicke hier, um ihn zu starten." (Your download is ready. Click here to start downloading it)

Have fun with emailing to your hearts content. :Rose:

You might wonder why its called *ln-interlink-bin. That is because Firefox, Interlink and also Palemoon usually comes with a double binary, the one is named like the program, e.g. interlink, and the other is named interlink-bin. Both binaries are the very same, the md5sum proved that every time, so I replace one such binary with a symlink to the other.
:happy62:
Downloads: 2 (76,38 MB) Zuletzt am: 11.10.2021 19:52 Uhr
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Rapha_
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Xfce 4.12 - 5.rc3 - x86_64

Post#2 by Rapha_ » 10 Dec 2021, 17:23

Thank you very much Rava !

I set up with my main email account the main elements necessary to create an imap account. I saved the automatically created files* (/home/guest/.binary outcast/) in a small module (40 KiB) that I put on the guest folder (/rootcopy/home/guest/.binary outcast.xzm)
After, I just have to extract the module on guest , start Interlink and type the password to read my new emails . :)
And no emails are archived on hard disk

* if you try to save the Password settings (logins.json) it seem to not work

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#3 by Rava » 15 Feb 2022, 03:34

Rapha_ wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 17:23
* if you try to save the Password settings (logins.json) it seem to not work
Good to know, no clue why it fails. I never tried saving the Password settings.
Tried asking the maintainer? There is no forum, though, you have to use chat to communicate with him. Last time I tried I got no response (since he needs to be online to reply, and I very much presume even he has to sleep, eat or go out to buy food sometimes. [*] :D )