Initial post about older version with lots of info on interlink here: Interlink gtk2 (email and news client, slim Mozilla Thunderbird fork)
By default it downloads all of your INBOX and all other Email boxes like sent, spam or trash to your users home directory. That's in the case of my main Email account more than a GB of data, and it goes all into your RAM aufs filesystem and might freeze or even crash your system.
So, after you made your setup, aka gave the email address and IMAP settings and whatnot, best exit Interlink and move the folder "/home/guest/.binary outcast" and all subfolders to a non-RAM based media, best one with Linux filesystem.
This looks like so on my machine:
You also could use a FAT or NTFS filesystem, but be aware of the possible risks when you let Interlink store your Email account password. Therefore I strongly recommend using a Linux filesystem for storing the Interlink data and email post boxes
Code: Select all
root@porteus:/home/guest# ls -l .binary\ outcast lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Dec 31 03:39 .binary outcast -> /mnt/sda6/home/guest/.binary outcast/
Only after you moved your Email folder to a hard disk location out of the union, you should start interlink again, and by giving the password connect to your email server and it downloads al emails, that might take a while for the first time, but after that it only needs to download the new emails.
New in this version:
(highlighting by me)Version 7025
- Now includes the Calendar/Lightning functionality via a disabled by default bundled extension
- This is provided by popular demand, however, support will be limited to best effort in the absence additional community contributions
- The Calendar is NOT subject to the orginal agreement between BinOC and those who initally funded the Interlink Project Development
- Added mailnews.header.toolbar preference to show the legacy mail header in-line toolbar
- Added common EULA box with license agreement
- Related Unified XUL Platform changes are documented in the Pale Moon 28.4.1 release notes…
Here is the download link via filehorst:
filename is "007-interlink-52.9.7025.linux-x86_64_GTK2_rava.xzm"
The md5sum is like filehorst says it is (63ee193d5e03d9ae4396675f58b96303)
Size 40.28 MB or 42233856 Bytes.
To get it, first wait 15 seconds "Dein Download wird jetzt vorbereitet." (Your download is being prepared)
Then click "Jetzt zur Download-Seite" (now to the download page)
Then click "Dein Download steht nun bereit. Klicke hier, um ihn zu starten." (Your download is ready. Click here to start downloading it)