Wine-Porteus-Gecko-Mono revised

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Post#1 by wread » 28 Oct 2017, 12:30

This module has been the solution to Wine for Porteus to many Porteus users who wanted to run their Windows programs in linux. And I am not the exception! Credits to the author of the bundle :Bravo: It is so good, that I have it permanently under "modules" installed -despite its 300 Mb weight!.

But since that time, I had been observing a weird message, when converting from txz to xzm: there were three lines complaining that " /usr/lib/lib*.so.0" files were not symbolic links....

I didn't pay much attention to that complain, since it never caused any errors. But once you get tired of reading the same complain, you will start hacking to get rid of the message.... The cause was in the wine-bundle and I changed the three files against symbolic links to the basic libraries also present there. I used the opportunity to make a cleanup of some stray files that had no function -I do not remember exactly which files- This repacked module as wine-1.9.16-x64_86-3.2-GeckoMono-2.xzm works for me just as good as the original and the annoying messages by converting txz2xzm dissapeared :Yahoo!:

Enjoy!I
Last edited by wread on 28 Oct 2017, 14:57, edited 6 times in total.
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#2 by Ed_P » 28 Oct 2017, 14:04

I tried your link wread but MediaFire says the file is Invalid or Deleted. :(
Ed

hamood
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: i use porteus cuz its light.

Post#3 by hamood » 29 Apr 2022, 06:22

ed-p
no its not deleted,im downloading it rn