Porteus 3.2.2 - Steam-Edition V0.94

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
Lucas
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 3.1

Re: Porteus 3.2.2 - Steam-Edition V0.94

Post#16 by Lucas » 27 Mar 2017, 18:15

Ivan,
- make sure you use Porteus 3.2.2 cause XPad (Steam-Controller) and NVIDIA-Drivers are bound to the right Kernel-Version
Just to mention that the kernel version that I'm using isn't the one that comes in the current Porteus. I was having a problem starting Porteus from a USB so Brokenman suggested me to use the one found in:http://dl.porteus.org/x86_64/kernel/porteus-4.9.12/ (it is the most recent version).

Lucas.

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Windows / Linux / Porteus

Post#17 by iVAN » 30 Mar 2017, 14:47

Lucas wrote:Hi Ed and Ivan,

Giving a better thought, maybe it is better to put the changes in xfce, kde and mate into modules and leave the /root and /home in the folder changes (no module) because the file size would be smaller (my /root and folder has 30gb to 40gb while all other changes have about 2gb). it is easier to manage and less likely to get corrupt.

Regards,

..take a good look at //EFI/BOOT/refind.conf or /BOOT/porteus.cfg ....
..tip: if my System is stuck, I move to //changes and mostly make a --- rm -R root etc usr lib var opt tmp --- so my home directories are there afterward ...
.. but why to have 30gb -- 40gb in your root folder, the root folder is the home folder of root ! ..
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall:

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Post#18 by iVAN » 30 Mar 2017, 16:07

Lucas wrote:Ivan,
- make sure you use Porteus 3.2.2 cause XPad (Steam-Controller) and NVIDIA-Drivers are bound to the right Kernel-Version
Just to mention that the kernel version that I'm using isn't the one that comes in the current Porteus. I was having a problem starting Porteus from a USB so Brokenman suggested me to use the one found in:http://dl.porteus.org/x86_64/kernel/porteus-4.9.12/ (it is the most recent version).

Lucas.
..then you have to compile the NVIDIA-Driver and Xpad Driver for your newer Kernel by your own, I will go with next Release V0.96 to the latest Kernel.
I would leave the Kernel straight with the Release Version of Porteus, so 3.2.2 is Kernel 4.9 and 3.2.2 stays with Kernel 4.9, but that is only my opinion. :shock:
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall:

Lucas
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#19 by Lucas » 03 Apr 2017, 18:17

Ivan,

Thanks for the reply. To say the truth, the Steam OS is loading and it seems it is ok, even giving me the xpad error message when loading. I just run the OS but didn't installed any games yet, so I will see if it is ok after that. Since I'm using this Porteus in many computers, I leave a nvidia driver in the options and leave for detection when booting. Still didn't have an error message, and everything seems ok (for now at least). Regarding the versions, no problem, I surely will look forward for newer versions.
I tried an double boot with LXDE and my Porteus seems to be booting ok with KDE5 and LXDE, both saving on the /changes.

Thanks again,

Lucas.

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Post#20 by iVAN » 09 Apr 2017, 20:08

Lucas wrote:Ivan,

Thanks for the reply. To say the truth, the Steam OS is loading and it seems it is ok, even giving me the xpad error message when loading. I just run the OS but didn't installed any games yet, so I will see if it is ok after that. Since I'm using this Porteus in many computers, I leave a nvidia driver in the options and leave for detection when booting. Still didn't have an error message, and everything seems ok (for now at least). Regarding the versions, no problem, I surely will look forward for newer versions.
I tried an double boot with LXDE and my Porteus seems to be booting ok with KDE5 and LXDE, both saving on the /changes.

Thanks again,

Lucas.
Hello Lucas,

I just uploaded a new Version to...
ftp://porteus:porteus@porteus2017.hopto.org/
I make it more ready in the next week, perhaps this could help ya with some Problems....

By the way, have you thought of the right vmlinuz file in /boot/syslinux
that was one of my things I forgot often, so I booted up with 000-Kernel ( 4.8.8 ) and the vmlinuz was ( 4.8.7 ) par example ....!!! 8)

,,,yours iVAN

Lucas
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#21 by Lucas » 19 Apr 2017, 19:51

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the reply and sorry it took me so long to reply. I saw that you posted a new version of the Steam Edition, I will try that one instead.

Thanks again,

Regards,