NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers - Porteus 3.2Final - Kernel 4.8.7

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
iVAN
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Windows / Linux / Porteus

NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers - Porteus 3.2Final - Kernel 4.8.7

Post#1 by iVAN » 23 Nov 2016, 14:37

..So here are some NVIDIA Drivers for Porteus 3.2 Final - Kernel should 4.8.7

-- you will find 3 Versions the long time actual one 367.57 a 370.28 and the newest 375.20
-- they are compiled on Porteus 3.2 Final with Kernel 4.8.7 and with compat32
-- Compile options were ./NV* --compat32-libdir=/lib --opengl-libdir=/lib64
-- If you run into Problems with a blackscreen look at the NVGL100fix
-- I found out there is a link Problem between the Nvidia-Driver and Mesa 11.2.2
-- The Nvidia-Driver links to libGL1.0.0 and the Mesa Links to libGL1.2.0
-- This Problem mostly occurs with my installation after some time with "Changes" on
-- So the fix copies libGL1.0.0 over libGL1.2.0 and the Nvidia-Driver should be happy again....
-- The Fix uses rc.local, so use with caution if you changed this for your own....

https://www.magentacloud.de/share/yoa10p6v6l

Password: p32nvidia

added 24.11.2016

-- there are also now some 64Bit only Drivers without the compat32 Libs
-- the NVGLfix 64Bit with compat32 fixes now also the 32bit libGL1.2.0 if it is overwritten by Mesa 11.2.2
-- I do not want to change anything in the Original Nvidia-Driver, so decide for your own... :wink:
-- I mean it would be possible to merge the two Modules, but it`s a rc.local in it, so I leave it with you...
-- but otherwise it would also be not good to change something in the Mesa 11.2.2
-- I will look forward for getting a better way to patch!

added 30.11.2016

-- due to Kernel Update to 4.8.8
-- hopefully fixed libEGL & libGLES Symlinks, give it a try!

https://www.magentacloud.de/share/5o-zl ... ver/NVIDIA
Last edited by iVAN on 30 Nov 2016, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall:

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

Re: NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers - Porteus 3.2Final - Kernel 4

Post#2 by fulalas » 25 Nov 2016, 23:37

Yeah, I already reported this 'bug'. The problem is related to ldconfig (basically called every time you activate/desactivate a xzm module): it always tries to point symlinks to the latest version available. In this case, libGL.so.1.2.0 seems to be newer than libGL.so.1.0.0. But, I have to add that the problem isn't limited to libGL, but also libGLES 1 and 2. I had to fix these 3 libs just by doing exactly what you did: overwriting. :fool:

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Windows / Linux / Porteus

Re: NVIDIA Proprietary Drivers - Porteus 3.2Final - Kernel 4

Post#3 by iVAN » 28 Nov 2016, 08:57

fulalas wrote:Yeah, I already reported this 'bug'. The problem is related to ldconfig (basically called every time you activate/desactivate a xzm module): it always tries to point symlinks to the latest version available. In this case, libGL.so.1.2.0 seems to be newer than libGL.so.1.0.0. But, I have to add that the problem isn't limited to libGL, but also libGLES 1 and 2. I had to fix these 3 libs just by doing exactly what you did: overwriting. :fool:
..With the LibGLES, I have only a Symlink message, but after some playing time, they make no Problems...I made a new Version with fixing the Symlink for libGLES linked to Mesa 11.2.2 dri GLES-libs...
I compiled the Driver with --compat32-libdir=/lib --opengl-libdir=/lib64 ... The /usr before comes from within the Nvidia-Driver compile script...

https://www.magentacloud.de/share/5o-zl ... ver/NVIDIA
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall: