Pre Built Update-Scripts for 64bit

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Pre Built Update-Scripts for 64bit

Post#31 by brokenman » 18 Oct 2016, 00:28

But what would happen if the user wants to have 2 different browsers at the same time?
Then the last one activated would appear in the panel. By the way, I have now fixed the doubled icons for google-chrome. The NoDisplay= had to be added for each section in the desktop file.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

normalGuy
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.2 xfce archBang

Post#32 by normalGuy » 18 Oct 2016, 12:52

hello,
Using update-chrome today and I have the message:
Porteus-XFCE-v3.2rc5-x86_64/porteus/modules/browsers/google-chrome-54.0.2840.59-x86_64-1.xzm: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
Anyone can confirm please, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Where can I find new the update-pepperflash ?

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

Post#33 by fulalas » 31 Oct 2016, 00:28

I can't open Opera 39. I tried with official Porteus 3.1 x64 + LXQt. I can see the icon, then I click and nothing happens, although I can see it running on Task Manager.

BTW, is it too complicated to download latest official Opera and create the xzm package? I'm asking because I'm interested in trying. :)

Thanks!

Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

Post#34 by Jack » 31 Oct 2016, 01:52

fulalas wrote:I can't open Opera 39. I tried with official Porteus 3.1 x64 + LXQt. I can see the icon, then I click and nothing happens, although I can see it running on Task Manager.

BTW, is it too complicated to download latest official Opera and create the xzm package? I'm asking because I'm interested in trying. :)

Thanks!
Sorry I'm not sure what is wrong. I had 26 downloads just on that file. I don't use it and all I did is run brokenman script to build it and upload it to share.
EDIT:
I just seen you are using Porteus 3.1 x64 + LXQt it might not work with it. I had the same problem with Firefox and Porteus 3.1 x64 Mate.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Pre Built Update-Scripts for 64bit

Post#35 by francois » 07 Aug 2018, 23:09

This was a good thread with useful modules. The link is alas not functional. I was looking for libreoffice. :(
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.