Hydrogen Drum Machine 0.9.6 beta 3

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus 3.0rc1 64-bit

Re: Hydrogen Drum Machine 0.9.6 beta 3

Post#1 by ViktorNova » 05 Dec 2013, 20:38

That link doesn't seem to work!

ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor

Post#2 by ViktorNova » 06 Dec 2013, 10:18

no prob! Thanks for posting this.

Hey, how did you get this to compile? I am trying to build a specific fork of it (https://github.com/xjjx/hydrogen) and can't get around the error

Code: Select all

src/core/src/helpers/xml.cpp:8:36: fatal error: QtXmlPatterns/QXmlSchema: No such file or directory
I can't seem to figure out how to get that QXmlSchema onto my system, or how to get around it. :wall:

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#3 by fanthom » 06 Dec 2013, 20:53

@ViktorNova
QtXmlPatterns lib is stripped from porteus (only few apps need it for runtime) so please rather install full qt from slackware-14.0 when compiling.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor

Post#4 by ViktorNova » 07 Dec 2013, 00:55

You guys rock! Thank you so much, I'll give it a shot when I get home

I have a ton of pro audio modules I've been building for a live performance focused distro built on Porteus that I'll be uploading soon!

ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor

Post#5 by ViktorNova » 09 Dec 2013, 11:32

Ok, I installed QtXmlPatterns and all associated files from Slackware's main QT package (stripped everything else out so as not to mess with Porteus's QT), and compiled Hydrogen with no errors! However, after installing it I get this error

Code: Select all

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40802) with this library (version 0x40804)
=\ *sigh* assuming this is due to using Slackware's slightly older QtXmlPatterns compiled into Hydrogen

It seems janky to have to hack it like this, is there way to get the *actual* QtXmlPatterns that goes with Porteus's QT? Maybe I should start a dedicated thread instead of hijacking this one? ;)

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post#6 by fanthom » 09 Dec 2013, 21:45

Ok, I installed QtXmlPatterns and all associated files from Slackware's main QT package (stripped everything else out so as not to mess with Porteus's QT),
please remove porteus qt completely (removepkg qt) and install slackware's version (installpkg qt-xxx.txz). that should let you compile but i'm wondering if qtxmlpatterns is needed for runtime.
maybe there is a switch in hydrogen's configure script to disable qtxmlpatterns completely?

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post#7 by fanthom » 10 Dec 2013, 05:42

Your tip is likely to work on the building machine, but what happens, if I then tried to activate the module on my own box?
i'm hoping that apps compiled with older qt will work without problems with never version. 95% of apps from slackware-14.0 repo are working with our never qt in Porteus. this may not be the case if hydrogen requires qtxmlpattern in runtime but then aaa_portlibs (bunch of libs like nepomuk, qtxmlpatterns, etc needed by the kde4 desktop) from the repo should solve this.

ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor

Post#8 by ViktorNova » 20 Dec 2013, 05:25

Sorry for checking out for a bit, I got mega sick and then things got crazy.. but I am back!

Thank you both for your help, I finally got it working. It was actually pretty simple but I wouldn't have thought where to look had it not been for both of your suggestions.

My incompatible libs issue turns out was due to still having the older QtXmlPatterns lib installed on runtime (the one I made from the Slackware package in order to get it to compile) After removing my QtXmlPatterns module, it ran just fine with the version from aaa_portlibs

@fathom
However, the reason I had to go through all this was that aaa_portlibs, while containing QtXmlPattterns, does not contain QtXmlSchema, which Hydrogen requires to build. From what I could tell, most other distros have this in the same package as QtXmlPatterns.. Can this be included in future QT builds for Porteus, or at least in an addon module like the next version of aaa_portlibs?
:D

ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor

Post#9 by ViktorNova » 21 Dec 2013, 08:46

Indeed! Thanks again for your help

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post#10 by fanthom » 21 Dec 2013, 21:51

QtXmlSchema is not a part of slackware's qt package. where can i find it?

ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor

Post#11 by ViktorNova » 23 Dec 2013, 08:56

@fathom
This is the package I used http://search.slackware.eu/cgi-bin/pack ... 6_64-4.txz
QtXmlSchema is only in /usr/include though

ViktorNova
Contributor
Contributor

Post#12 by ViktorNova » 28 Dec 2013, 04:00

@fathom
Apologies, I am retracing my steps and a made a boo boo, it is QXmlSchema, not QtXmlSchema, and the location in the Slackware package I linked is /usr/lib64/qt/include/QtXmlPatterns/, not /usr include

(it also depends on QXmlNamePool which is in the same Slackware package but does not exist in Porteus)

Hope this helps!