abcde 2.5.4

Post links to your 64bit module repos here. Repo maintainers are responsible for resolving any issues caused by their xzm's.
Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

abcde 2.5.4

Post#1 by Hamza » 06 Jul 2013, 10:12

Here is abcde in its version 2.5.4
abcde's Authors wrote:abcde is a frontend command-line utility (actually, a shell script)
that grabs tracks off a CD encodes them to Ogg/Vorbis, MP3, FLAC,
OGG/Speex, MPP/MP+(Musepack) and/or M4A/AAC format, and tags them
all in one go.
Download: abcde-2.5.4
Dependency: cd-discid-1.3.1

Cheers!
NjVFQzY2Rg==

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Re: abcde 2.5.4

Post#2 by Rava » 06 Jul 2013, 11:32

^ Thanks a lot, Hamza.

For those being curious, there is even more info in my request post. :)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Re: abcde 2.5.4

Post#3 by Rava » 09 Jul 2013, 05:17

(Mods, if my below report is on the wrong place here, please move it accordingly.)

When you want to use abcde for mp3 encoding, sadly it uses te python script eye3D, and the need of python as dependency is kind of an overlkill, considering the size of abcde and python....

Since in just one version back - abcde 2.5.3 - uses a non python dependant way, I created me this version of abcde (which should be put into non arch forum folder, it is not 32 nor 64 bit, since it is a simple bash script running on both variants.... but me thinks up to now we don't have this sub folders on the forum anyway, and abcde's dependencies are either 32 or 64 bit...

*cough* On with my report, so finally I got a minimal version of abcde up and running, used it for mp3 ripping of a audio cd, but sadly, the background process - that is lame (the mp3 encoder, not lame as a matter of description) - exited prior finishing its wav to mp3 conversion with a segmentation fault. Resulting in a cut short sound file every single time,. e.g. instead of 7 1/2 minutes, the resulting file was just 5 min long...

And so, long story short: due to that seg fault of that version (which is not the most current one) abcde is of no use to me and I revert of using my own 2 scripts that do ripping via cdparanoia and encoding using lame separately, but sadly, including mp3 tagging is not yet included in my scripts.
But at least they do what they should, no seg fault and cutting the files short or such...
Cheers!
Yours Rava