I can upload .lzm module, how ?

Non release banter
crashman
Contributor
Contributor

I can upload .lzm module, how ?

Post#1 by crashman » 01 Jan 2011, 19:27

Hello
I can uppload new .lzm package, must be other site ? mediafire, rapidshare or other ? if not how upload to this site ?

regards

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: I can upload .lzm module, how ?

Post#2 by brokenman » 01 Jan 2011, 22:48

We havn't decided on a system as yet. Perhaps one of the mirror servers could accommodate your module for now. Eventually we will host modules on the official server, but i would like them to be checked so we don't end up in the situation of slax module repo.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

snake
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus-v3.1 64bit KDE

Post#3 by snake » 02 Jan 2011, 10:23

From security reasons, I don't like the idea of "anybody can upload modules", at least for official repository. It will soon start to look like slax's repository...

Better is to automate (with scripts) all the module checking, conversion from official slackware/otherdistros packages, and updating to latest version etc.

crashman
Contributor
Contributor

Post#4 by crashman » 02 Jan 2011, 12:25

@snake this is imposible
Better is to automate (with scripts) all the module checking, conversion from official slackware/otherdistros packages, and updating to latest version etc.
I produce modules from slackaware and other sites, create Opera web browser from official website not slackware repository but seamonkeysolibs added from slackware repo.

Im wait for concept to new distro.
at least for official repository. It will soon start to look like slax's repository...
I agree with this.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#5 by brokenman » 02 Jan 2011, 18:51

Users will not be able to upload modules. They will go into holding until they can be checked. Checking by script sounds interesting ... the script could check for criteria required, and remove un needed files but could not check for nasty files.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.