Main website

Non release banter
brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Main website

Post#1 by brokenman » 31 Dec 2010, 22:25

I envisage the main website for UnknownX to be a low maintenance thing. Nice and simple. just a place for people to download the latest releases and find documentation. Please take a look at what i h ave done so far and make comment.

The main focus is on documentation. The existing documents are by no means what will be on the site when it opens, they are just fillers for now. Please disregard the section about module downloads as i think it will be removed, and replaced with a package manager on the UnknownX OS.

Please if anyone can provide some documentation let me know. All documentation must be thorough and easy to follow. Anyone wanting to submit tutorials for the site contact me and i will setup a user account so you can publish. If anyone has suggestions for the site please comment.

I am not happy with the images at the bottom. I will prob change them for something nicer.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Main website

Post#2 by fanthom » 01 Jan 2011, 05:32

i just love it!

I would hold on with docs until we choose a name - less work on re branding the names.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

X-Factor
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#3 by X-Factor » 01 Jan 2011, 10:10

stil complaining about the font letter n just a tad softer on the orange colour ( little hard reading it, either become mr Mcgoo or my lcd need tweaking ) otherwise :good:
I've been confine to my quarter
http://img143.imageshack.us/i/medusathing.jpg/

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#4 by brokenman » 01 Jan 2011, 23:05

Thanks X-Factor. You have a good eye for font. If you are referring to logo, i didn't pay much attention and just stuck something there in a hurry. I will pass the logo font by you once a name is chosen. The orange certainly is bright, but i wanted a bright, crisp colour. I can change no problem.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

X-Factor
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#5 by X-Factor » 06 Jan 2011, 01:16

i like the logo n grown accustom to UnkownX, changing the font would be more catchy IMHO.
will look at it if it arrive in mail or PM.
TA

Posted after 3 days 22 hours 23 minutes 1 second:
Trying to be a gentlemen here :cry: try to reproduce the font but im limited to word 2007 so i do the next best thing plus some suggested font colouring ( especialy for the black shade the sample on our site too common ).

http://www.mediafire.com/?kywfsf667ufaof8
I've been confine to my quarter
http://img143.imageshack.us/i/medusathing.jpg/