Non release banter
- Posts: 5638
- Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 22:12
- Distribution: 4.0 & 5.0rc2 Cinnamon 64 ISOs
- Location: Western NY, USA
Most people in the world understand what a smiling face means, whether in a forum posting or in person. You obviously don't. Not much more I can do to help you.
- Posts: 2480
- Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
- Distribution: Porteus 5.0rc1 x86-64 XFCe
- Location: Forests of Germany
A smiling face usually means "I am friendly towards you", that is what almost all humans would agree on.
It not translates for 100% certainty into "irony was used", however.
You seem to be unable to get that simple concept that irony on the intertubes is often difficult to spot.
See my above quote about Irony and Emails, and like I said, this translates into forum posts as well.
But so far you ignored that part of my arguments as well. Just like the usual Ed_P, ignoring every argument that not fits your very own agenda.