Porteus Package Manager testing

Non release banter
brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Porteus Package Manager testing

Post#1 by brokenman » 31 May 2011, 17:04

Porteus Package Manager is in testing phase. I have stopped at the point where modules are downloaded to computer. It will need to be run from Porteus rc2 Next step is to organize activation/deactivation.

The XZM team scripts
1. slackconverter.sh
2. multi-slackonverter.sh
3. indexgen.sh
4. Porteus-Package-Manager-1.0-i386-1.xzm

Slackonverter & multi-slackonverter.sh

Place the slackonverter.sh and multi-slackonverter.sh in the same directory and run the slackonverter.sh file. It will download the required Slackware index files (about 40Mb) and create a module. You can then remove the two scripts, activate the module and there will be a menu item under 'system'. You can also run from console (prefered) using: porteus-package-manager

slackonverter is used to convert Slackware packages to Porteus compliant modules. It supportes the following sources for your slackware packages:

1. Slackware ISO
2. Slackware apckages in a folder
3. Single Slackware package
4. Multiple Slackware packages
5. Online Slackware repository

Porteus Package Manager

I've spent a lot of time on this and added some extra features. At the moment it will stop after downloading the packages. I am working on the rest now. It supports:

1. Search for package by category
2. Search for package by name
3. Search packages by library
4. Search packages by keywords

I will add activate/deactivation and some other features shortly. Once you select a module to download all libraries are resolved on the Porteus server. As a fail safe ... just in case the Porteus server doesn't have a suitable library, i have added the ability to search the Slackware repos for the missing dep, download and convert the package into a Porteus module. Hopefully this will never get used ... but is useful for the XZM team.

Steps to create modules for server:
Boot into Porteus with only: 000, 001, 002, 003, 004, 007 base modules activated. We want a basic system with no extra libraries loaded because YOU will be resolving deps based on your system contents.

Here is the system i use. I have a mirror of the Porteus Repo on sda6/ppm. You will need the mirror in order to create the LIBS.TXT and PACKAGES.TXT files (which are vital). An example of my mirror at /mnt/sda6/ppm:

LIBS.TXT
PACKAGES.TXT
network
office
multimedia
blah blah

You can open the script /opt/porteus-scripts/porteus-package-manager and change the BASE= variable from ${OPT} to wherever you keep your LIBS.TXT and PACKAGES.TXT and mirror. (sda6 for me)

Once i have converted a slackware/slacky package to Porteus module i drop it in the relevant folder on sda6. The supplied script (indexgen.sh) should be run from the same location as the LIBS.TXT and PACKAGES.TXT files. Delete the current ones, and run indexgen.sh to create updated ones. Now you can run the Package manager and select your module, and it will find and donload all the dependencies for you even if they don't already exist on the server.

We need to find a common place to upload that everyone can access. Hamza perhaps you can organize this? Once modules have been uploaded either Fanthom or myself will test the modules and upload them to the official server and update the LIBS.TXT & PACKAGES.TXT fies. Ahau if you could go through and have a look at the documentation in the application, perhaps you can improve on it.

Features that ill be added:
Stop the Xdialog from flashing when parsing files. ust one window will stay open with a message that will be updated.
Add a function to update the version of PPM, and also update just the LIBS.TXT & PACKAGES.TXT.
Add a short description of package next to the packages in the menus.

Please take the current script for a good thrashing and try to break it. If you can break it, please try to reproduce again on a clean Porteus. Ahau i think we will go with your idea of uploading the KDE/LXDE and firefox libraries to the server. This way a user can run the script from any environment and the missing libs will be available.

Download: http://ponce.cc/porteus/i486/modules/xzmteam
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Re: Porteus Package Manager testing

Post#2 by Hamza » 31 May 2011, 17:25

There is an issue with Porteus v1.0 rc2 x86_64.

Code: Select all

root@porteus:~# /home/guest/slackonverter.sh
/home/guest/slackonverter.sh: line 51: /usr/lib/macroport: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/psc/download.log: No such file or directory
My ps-info output :

----------------------
Output from psinfo
----------------------
script by jayflood

====== USER INFO =====
User is: root
===== MACHINE INFO =====
Platform: x86_64
Kernel: 2.6.38.5-porteus
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
MemTotal:        1026708 kB
MemFree:          204456 kB
Bootparam: root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size=6666 rw initrd=/boot/initrd.xz nomagic autoexec=xconf;telinit~4 BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz 
===== SOUND INFO =====
Sound card:  0 [I82801AAICH    ]: ICH - Intel 82801AA-ICH
                      Intel 82801AA-ICH with STAC9700,83,84 at irq 21
Sound driver: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
===== PARTITION INFO =====
Porteus is on: /mnt/sr0
Partitions: 
sda
sda1
Mounted: 
/dev/sr0       iso9660  299M  299M     0 100% /mnt/sr0
/dev/sda1      ext4     7.9G  677M  6.9G   9% /mnt/sda1
===== OPTICAl DRIVE =====
sr0
===== USB INFO =====
Removables: 
Removable status: sd0:0:0:0:[sda]Protect
lsusb: 
===== SCREEN INFO =====
Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 800 x 600, maximum 800 x 600
===== MODULES LOADED =====
000-kernel.xzm
001-core.xzm
002-xorg.xzm
003-lxde.xzm
004-kde.xzm
005-devel.xzm
006-firefox-flash.xzm
===== NETWORK INFO =====
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 08:00:27:df:b3:81  
          inet addr:10.0.2.15  Bcast:10.0.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::a00:27ff:fedf:b381/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:7487 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:5335 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:8562146 (8.1 MiB)  TX bytes:415684 (405.9 KiB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:500 (500.0 B)  TX bytes:500 (500.0 B)
# Generated by dhcpcd from eth0
# /etc/resolv.conf.head can replace this line
nameserver 192.168.1.1
# /etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line
===== PCI INFO =====
lspci: 00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma] (rev 02)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82371SB PIIX3 ISA [Natoma/Triton II]
00:01.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter
00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
00:04.0 System peripheral: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Guest Service
00:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:06.0 USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc. KeyLargo/Intrepid USB
00:07.0 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 08)
00:0d.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller (rev 02)
===== LOGS INFO =====
dmesg | tail 
[    7.693941] intel8x0: measured clock 129527 rejected
[    7.693946] intel8x0: clocking to 48000
[    8.283836] EXT4-fs (sda1): recovery complete
[    8.283841] EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[    9.089446] e1000: eth0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX
[   14.025071] NET: Registered protocol family 10
[   24.643165] eth0: no IPv6 routers present
[   94.012385] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
[   94.012388] ata1: EH complete
[   94.064435] EXT4-fs (sda1): re-mounted. Opts: commit=0
cat /var/log/messages | tail
May 31 17:10:05 (none) /usr/sbin/gpm[1992]: Started gpm successfully. Entered daemon mode.
May 31 17:10:05 (none) dhcpcd[1778]: eth0: leased 10.0.2.15 for 86400 seconds
May 31 17:10:05 (none) kernel: [   14.025071] NET: Registered protocol family 10
May 31 17:10:05 (none) dhcpcd[1778]: forked to background, child pid 2011
May 31 17:11:18 (none) init: Switching to runlevel: 4
May 31 17:11:18 (none) acpid: client connected from 2469[0:0]
May 31 17:11:18 (none) acpid: 1 client rule loaded
May 31 17:11:25 (none) kernel: [   94.012385] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
May 31 17:11:25 (none) kernel: [   94.012388] ata1: EH complete
May 31 17:11:25 (none) kernel: [   94.064435] EXT4-fs (sda1): re-mounted. Opts: commit=0
I'm running it on VBox with Porteus.

Regards,
NjVFQzY2Rg==

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 by brokenman » 01 Jun 2011, 00:44

Please test on 32bit. I don't know if the library (macroport) made the rc2 64bit ... but i will remove all references to it anyway.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord

Post#4 by Hamza » 01 Jun 2011, 12:45

No Problem , I'll test it on 32bit version.

Posted after 7 hours 41 minute 26 seconds:
When , I run it from Porteus v1.0 rc2 x86.

bash-4.1# ./slackonverter.sh
If I understand your script (great works!)

There is an error :

download_file() {
wget $1 -o $WRK/download.log &
(
while [ "$i" != "98" -a "$f" == "" ]; do
   echo $i
   i=$(cat $WRK/download.log | grep "%" |awk '{print $(NF-2)}'|sed 's/\(.*\)./\1/'|tail -n1)
   f=$(grep "100%" $WRK/download.log)
   sleep 0.1
done
) | Xdialog --title "$BT" --gauge "Downloading $2...." 10 60
rm -f $WRK/download.log
}
Why , your script downloads a file from temp directory and this file is not made at any steps of your script.

Regards,
NjVFQzY2Rg==

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#5 by Ahau » 01 Jun 2011, 14:29

Hi brokenman – very nice job! This is going to be great once we get it all put together :)

I’m still working on setting up my local repo, and having some issues there. I think I need to make some edits to either to slackonverter.sh or indexgen.sh. PPM finds the repo I’ve pointed it to (/mnt/sdb2/ppm/localrepo/) and reads the index, finds the packages and their deps. However, when it comes time to download the packages, it puts up a dialogue box saying it’s downloading the first package, but the status stays at 0% and never moves.

Looking into the PACKAGES.TXT file, each entry shows something similar to this:

PACKAGE NAME:     openexr-1.7.0-i486-1
COMPRESSED PACKAGE SIZE:     3.0M
UNCOMPRESSED PACKAGE SIZE:     4.1M
PACKAGE LOCATION:http://ponce.cc/porteus/i486/modules/libraries/openexr-1.7.0-i486-1.xzm
PACKAGE CATEGORY: libraries
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
If PPM attempts to download a package from the LOCATION line of this file, then that would explain my issue. The LOCATION should be /mnt/sdb2/ppm/localrepo/, so I’ll hunt around for where to plug that in on my next attempt.

Also, when I was converting txz files to xzm files, slackonverter has an option to convert from a folder full of slackware files. I used this, and it converted one file at a time, similar to the menu entry for converting a single slackware file. Is a feature coming that would allow bulk conversion, by selecting a folder and having all .txz files converted to .xzm?

Downloading deps that were not included in the repo seemed to work very well. I converted a .txz for gimp and put it in my repo, and PPM pulled the deps, converted them all to .xzm’s, and put them all in my /porteus/optional folder. Very, very handy (however, it didn't download my gimp module, probably for the same issue mentioned above). What I did notice is that it found all of the deps for my particular package, but I don’t think it found all of the deps of those deps (when I later tried to download everything from my local repo, there were three unresolved dependencies). However, it would appear that those packages would have been downloaded from the repo if they had existed on the repo, making this a far more efficient tool than slackyd.

Having all of the information on what dependencies were needed and their size was very useful. Brokenman, you’ve done a very good job. I can’t wait to test this more, and I’ll be back with more info. Thank you for your hours and hours of work on this!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 by brokenman » 01 Jun 2011, 20:37

Hamza
it calls the 'download file' function from /usr/lib/macroport

Ahau
I should have explained more clearly ... or better yet just given you the package manager without the other scripts. When testing the PPM all you will need is the module. Forget the other scripts. It will stop at the point where it downloads all required deps. Today i added the function that first checks if you have any required modules already in your local storage before downloading. The script you have doesn't care what you have already, so putting gimp in your local storage should mean nothing. It should still have downloaded it. ( i assume you chose cinepaint as main module). Ahau ... PPM should at this stage be looking for the deps of deps. That is my intention. I guess after downloading the required files, merge them and activate and see if it works.

-------------
Here is a clearer set of instructions.

For testing the PPM ... forget all other scripts and just run the PPM. It will download the current LIBS.TXT & PACKAGES.TXT file from our server. When i say to test the PPM i mean just start it up and start using it, and make sure it downloads everything it reported it would. It still has no concept of a local storage ... so i only got as far as it downloading some deps.

When you begin making your own modules later, you are going to start from scratch, and delete the LIBS.TXT & PACKAGES.TXT that the script downloaded, and create your own one.

Here are the steps to follow for creating your own modules.
First put the slackonverter.sh and multiconverter.sh in the same folder and run the slackonverter.sh script. It will create a module. Activate it and use the menu item or run sh /opt/porteus-scripts/slackonverter.sh

Start slackonverter.sh and convert your main module.

Open /opt/porteus-scripts/porteus-package-manager and change BASE= to your local storage (which has nothing in it at this point. Ahau for you this is: BASE=/mnt/sdb2/ppm/localrepo/
Instead of a local repo you can just dump your converted module into 'localrepo' without the directory structure of the server ... i just prefer the structure so i can zip it up and dump it on the server.

So put the module you converted into /mnt/sdb2/ppm/localrepo/. Put the indexgen.sh script in there too, and run it. It will create a LIBS.TXT & PACKAGES.TXT file. There will only be information in these two text files for the single converted module so far.

Now run /opt/porteus-scripts/porteus-package-manager again (which is now looking for LIBS.TXT in your chosen location) and choose the only module that you have in the list. If all goes well, it should download and convert all the required packages from slackware. porteus-package-manager thinks at this stage that there is only one module existing ... the one you created ... so it's deps will show as unresolved, and it will go look on slackware for them. That's pretty much it.

I have now added the option to merge the download modules together which is great for testing that it works. I've also made the script look in the folder that you store your modules (the one you chose when you first started porteus-package-manager) to see if you already have a required package.

I know it seems a little complicated to create you own modules, but after you've done it a few times it will be second nature. You can also try running PPM and then try resolving the deps in slackyd and see which one find more deps.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs

Post#7 by Ahau » 02 Jun 2011, 05:38

Thanks, brokenman.

I was basically doing what you described in your second set of instructions. I created one module, put it in my local repo, and PPM downloaded and converted all of the deps. gimp did run off of the packages it downloaded and converted; it wasn't until I ran PPM again (having moved all of those deps into my local repo) that I saw other unresolved dependencies (all QT related). I'll try PPM without modification later tonight, to test it as you described.

Posted after 8 hours 41 minute 14 seconds:
Ok, I'm running it again, and now I get it. I was following the instructions for building my own modules (which was working as you had intended). Running the script without modifying opt gives me access to the files in the online repository, and I was able to download cinepaint+deps. It didn't move the files to my specified directory (I'm assuming that hasn't been built yet), but I found them in /tmp/ppm/dload/port. After activating all of those modules (cinepaint was included), cinepaint ran fine.

When I check a module that has no deps (thunderbird), it says it will download it, but does not (again, I assume this is expected at this point).

I asked for conky, which did not have any deps on the server. It found all of them elsewhere, downloaded and converted them. VERY COOL! Again, conky was left in /tmp (the deps were created in my /porteus/optional folder), but it appeared to work after I activated it along with the other modules.

I am getting some errors out of porteus-package-manager:

bash-4.1# ./porteus-package-manager
cat: /tmp/ppm/packages-list.txt: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/.dmp: No such file or directory
grep: /tmp/.dmp: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/ppm/porteus-links.tmp: No such file or directory
cat: /tmp/ppm/porteus-links.tmp: No such file or directory
(when d/l and converting a package:)
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
Verifying package tolua++-1.0.93-i486-1sl.txz.
Installing package tolua++-1.0.93-i486-1sl.txz:
(after packages have been converted)
./porteus-package-manager: line 844:  9495 Terminated              Xdialog --title "$BT" --no-buttons --no-close --infobox "Generating Porteus module now for the package: \n$name" 0 0 200000

Again, this is likely expected behavior at this stage in the game.

Thanks again for clarifying! This is really coming along! I'll see what I can do about breaking it...

Also, should this thread get unlocked...or maybe should I stop posting to it? :oops:

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 by brokenman » 02 Jun 2011, 23:21

Thanks for testing. The errors you are getting are from starting through CLI? These are normal and in fact i use them for troubleshooting. I will clean them up for final. The other things you mention are also expected at this stage. I will upload a new version today which adds some new functions.

Update notifier for testing team. It will autocheck for an update and notify you.
Download/converted modules are moved to 'storage' with option to merge, and warning about why you shouldn't.
Script checks local storage for existing modules and doesn't download if they exist.

This is where it gets harder for me. There are many different scenarios where a user could have some mods in storgae, others needed from porteus and others needed from slackware. I have removed the usual final report with sizes, and will have to redo it. I will give it a few more days testing and then move on to activating modules. I am hoping to have activation/deactivation work wether a user deletes mods from storage manually, or adds extras not using PPM.

Posted after 31 minute 31 second:
Beny.

Per verificare il PPM, si può dimenticare altri script. Utilizzare il modulo solo.
Gli script sono solo per la creazione di moduli Porteus. ecco come fare.

Convertire un modulo utilizzando slackonverter.sh
Mettetela in una cartella con indexgen.sh ed eseguire indexgen.sh
Aprire Porteus-package-manager script. Cambiamento di base = ... si dovrebbe puntare alla cartella con il modulo convertito. Esegui Porteus-package-manager.

Posted after 9 hours 21 minute 51 second:
Here is the latest version with some of the functionality fixed up. It should now resolve all deps and move them into your storage folder at completion. I have added a 'merge modules' step at the end for testers to use. It will be removed in final. After grabbing a module and deps, merge it and test that it works ok.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w20p6vcp2arnl83

(I've uploaded a few more modules and couldn't upload the PPM module itself. Perhaps Ponce limited bandwidth ... not sure but got a permission denied message).

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#9 by fanthom » 03 Jun 2011, 01:01

great work brokenman!
best your script ever :)

suggestions:
- "switch to root" function must be implemented (at start would be the best) as guest has no perms to save in /porteus/modules
- when script finishes the job (after pressing "ok" in last window) app should go back to main menu and not quit as user may want to download another module and restarting of PPM is uncomfortable
- multiple choice would be good in "Search by module name" as all apps are listed there

bugs:
- if you choose to merge all deps with for example with transmission package, then deps are merged but transmission not :)
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs

Post#10 by Ahau » 03 Jun 2011, 01:16

I found the same bug as fanthom, and triple tested it to be sure. If you choose a package that has dependencies, all of the dependencies will be downloaded, but the original package is not. If you go back and select that same package again (when all of the deps are already on your system), it will download the that package and put it in /porteus/modules. Seems like a very simple error in there somewhere, hopefully this helps pinpoint it.

Great work!

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 by brokenman » 03 Jun 2011, 01:42

Thanks. Yep .. stupid on my part. Was so busy worrying about the dependencies i forgot the main module!

I've uploaded a fixed version. Having troubles with scp on ponce's server so have had to upload to mediafire for now. This means the auto update function won't work for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s6488c9atpt1mdz

There is also something wrong with the gimp module on the server. It spits an error when trying to unpack, and also when activating. I will probably use wreads version when i get server access back.

## Will add multiple choice for the module names, or at least something that you can start typing and jump to a module. Thanks for testing.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs

Post#12 by Ahau » 03 Jun 2011, 02:21

P.S. I've found a package for which PPM won't resolve the deps of deps: midori. It downloads webkit and some other deps, but did not resolve the deps for webkit. I had to put webkit in my local repo and run PPM on it -- that got the remaining deps for it.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 by brokenman » 06 Jun 2011, 23:04

Ok. Yep just tested and confirmed. I see whats going on there. The packages that are resolved on slackware are downloaded and converted (webkit) but are not sent back through the dependency resolver.

This is where the module creators (xzmteam) need to resolve all packages, and then add them to the list to go on the server. If the webkit package is on our server then it's deps are resolved and downloaded from slackware. Sorry ... it means a little more work for testers. I will see if i can run them back through the dep checker but i think this will require alot of extra code.

Posted after 3 days 8 hours 46 minutes 9 seconds:
I've updated the PPM which now has the base laid down. Please test in KDE for now.

Fanthom i havn't applied your requests yet. The 'return to start' at the end is fine ... but what about the search module by name? Selecting multiple modules will require alot more coding.

I decided against moving everything to modules folder, as during the initial system scan, any 'already activated' modules will not be present in the 'required modules' list. This means asking use to deactivate, then moving to modules folder and reactivating. I still need to work on the activation part. I want to cover the scenario if a dep is missing when they try to activate something.

# Added dep resolution of download slackware files
All deps of deps 'should' be resolved but i was having a problem with runaway resolution and a module claiming it required 50 others. I have tested a little and everything i tested worked ok.

# Added activation of modules
Can someone please check avahi on the server .... it is required by all the KDE games, but when it is activated it hangs. This holds up the rest of the module from being activated and if not started from GUI then user has no chance. A look inside the var/log/scripts shows a hell of a lot going on ... maybe the problem is revealed there?
http://ponce.cc/porteus/i486/modules/ne ... 86-1as.xzm

# Added switch to root
I have only included kdesu at the moment so you will need to test PPM from KDE. Looks like gksu is not included in 003 ... fanthom perhaps we can add that and change your switch to root function to use them? It looks a little more professional having a GUI 'enter root password'.

When this is finsihed, users should be able to activate ANY module from storage folder (doesn't have to be a Porteus compliant module) and it will look for deps if they don't exist.
Please test the new one out and if things are running well i will tidy up the look and close all dirty exits.

http://ponce.cc/porteus/i486/modules/xzmteam/

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#14 by fanthom » 07 Jun 2011, 09:06

"Selecting multiple modules will require alot more coding."
ok, let's leave it out for now.

"Can someone please check avahi on the server ...."
yep - will do it on Thursday, be prepared for another update of activation scripts :)

"fanthom perhaps we can add that and change your switch to root function to use them? It looks a little more professional having a GUI 'enter root password'."
i'm really thigh in space in 64bits... will try to squeeze something :) here are gksu packages by ponce:
http://ponce.cc/testing/lxde-addons/gksu-polkit/
should i update all porteus scripts to use gksu (even in KDE) instead of xterm in 'switch to root' function?
we could use kdesu in KDE but how to determine desktop which is active ('pidof startkde/lxpanel' will give false result if user started second X session with KDE/LXDE)?

Just thinking... maybe we could release porteus 1.0 with PPM which supports downloading only?
what about leaving activation/deactivation/upgrades for 1.1?
(i dont want to see you burnt out with such a complex application. if it takes to much resources lets leave additional features for 1.1 - my 0.02 $)

Cheers
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord

Post#15 by Hamza » 07 Jun 2011, 09:52

I agree with fanthom,

We can have PPM to download all deps and after we can use Porteus Module Tools for merge the modules in one.

unsquashfs -f -dest /tmp/megred$$/*.xzm /tmp/ext$$
Regards,
NjVFQzY2Rg==