Share your thoughts

Non release banter
82issa
DOC Team
DOC Team

Share your thoughts

Post#1 by 82issa » 19 Apr 2011, 08:36

A new fathers words.

I am 28. My first son was born 2 weeks ago. I never thought I would want children.
Now that he is here, I couldn't imagine anything more perfect in my world. Quite a
few of my friends told me, "When he comes everything is gona change." I did stay
in the delivery room with my wife. Some times I feel kinda out of sync, with the rest
of the world. I don't experience or respond to things the way most people appear to.
So the only thing putting a damper on my sons birthday, was some dissapointment
that everything still seemed the same to me. I was hoping for something as obvious
night turning to day, blue changing to yellow. No such luck there.

I have stumbled across something very different. I have made statements in the past
"I don't need anymore friends I have plenty." Funny thing my best friend now is who I
said that about. He knows and we joke about it. What I have come to realize is for
me life is about love. I love all my family, even the ones who have very different
political views, I do love my friends and coworkers (coworkers usually push my buttons
the most). I was telling some friends it was like having a cup that just couldn't hold
any more love, and after I saw my son for the first time... I didn't feel any different.
I just felt my capacity for love change. I guess there is more room in the cup than I
thought.

So to summarize don't let people tell you how you are gona feel, you might feel
totaly different. I don't have problems with the sleep, I think it is a total waste
of time.
char sleep[] == "wasted_time\n"

Code: Select all

@ 82issa - Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 am
just up a little early with my first son he is 2 weeks old today
If you don't have it yet. Just give it time. Taking your time with most decisions is key.

I ask people to share their toughts. They can be off topic. It seems that in our world
today, there is only sensational/bad/disturbing news. I get tired of hearing about all
the horrible things happening. Please share uplifting stories of your life, or life altering
moments, or maybe an Epiphany, some words of wisdom(not out of others books). Just
something from the heart.
Sorry guys... I got to go. My girlfriend just casted "get your dirty ass into the shower" on me.
Oh and here is some naked grandpa pictures too.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Share your thoughts

Post#2 by fanthom » 19 Apr 2011, 09:18

lucky you!
i also have a kid: 14 months boy - drains out all my energy :)
Still - one of the best "things" in my life.

Cheers
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#3 by Ahau » 19 Apr 2011, 16:35

I also found that becoming a father was unlike everyone else's description. I did not undergo some immediate transformation, and in fact, I felt a little bit disconnected from my son, because I felt like I was supposed to have more feelings for him than I was having. Everything just felt strange. I think when most people describe that event, they are remembering it through the lens of all of the experiences they had with their children following the birth. When I think back to the first days, I get all of those feelings you're supposed to...but I can recall it wasn't that way at the time. I made a mental note of how strange it was....and now, I think this is a common response.
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

82issa
DOC Team
DOC Team

Post#4 by 82issa » 19 Apr 2011, 16:46

Great stuff guys. I don't know any people who use linux as much as I like to.
I kinda feel like an outcast in that light. I think you got some great insight
there @ Ahau. I think you are very right on that.
Sorry guys... I got to go. My girlfriend just casted "get your dirty ass into the shower" on me.
Oh and here is some naked grandpa pictures too.