FAT gnome-3.8.4 fan club: exchanging on the interface

Non release banter
francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

FAT gnome-3.8.4 fan club: exchanging on the interface

Post#1 by francois » 23 Nov 2013, 12:26

FAT gnome-3.8.4 fan club: exchanging on the interface, is a thread were you are invited to present your impressions on FAT gnome-3.8.4 iso that has been issued by brokenman recently:
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=2635

As brokenman will not priorize working on FAT gnome-3.8.4 for now :
Please be aware that this project won't receive my full time attention as my priority lies in the upcoming release of the standard Porteus following slackware's next 14.1 release
I thought it could be a good idea to have a thread on which we could exchange on our developping knowledge of this new desktop option, and its accompanying applications. Thus if you have decided to try FAT gnome-3.8.4 porteus iso:
http://brokenman.porteus.org/gnome/3.8/ ... x86_64.iso

You are welcomed to share your questions and answers or tricks on the functioning of the beast.

*******************************************************************************************
Settings:
1. changing the wallpaper: open the file manager, right click on the picture you want as a wallpaper, this will set the new wallpaper
Last edited by francois on 29 Nov 2013, 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: FAT gnome-3.8.4 fan club: exchanging on the interface

Post#2 by francois » 23 Nov 2013, 12:34

If anyone finds some way of modifying the panels for adding for instance additional applications, this would be appreciated. Also, how do you install permanently a link or folders on the desktop?
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.