PixieLive4 released!

Non release banter
Mithrandil
Power user
Power user
Distribution: Gentoo, PixieLive

PixieLive4 released!

Post#1 by Mithrandil » 08 Nov 2013, 15:32

Hi guys, after a long time i come back to this forum just to say that a new version of PixieLive was released (i hope this is not against the rules...)

I post here since we worked together for some time when Porteous was born and you could find interesting features to copy from PixieLive to Porteous, for example:

- the bootloader menu in which you can easily save your preferred settings just by copying the corresponding code in the corner
- the Encrypted Filesystem EncFS support for personal data
- the modules naming convention which allows to customize the distro by tracking dependencies just by reading the module name : Discover How
- out of the box support for nVidia Optimus

i hope these features will inspire some new ideas to make the world of live distros a better place :D

feel free to contact me if you think i can help you in the development

Christian
PixieLive developer www.pixielive.org

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: PixieLive4 released!

Post#2 by fanthom » 08 Nov 2013, 18:29

hi Mithrandil,

distro advertisement is not against the rules but 'Community effort' is meant for projects which can be used with Porteus (btw: that's how our distro is named) and your PixieLive represents completely different OS (not even a Porteus derivative) so i'll move this thread to 'General Chat' as it fits there the best.

thanks.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Mithrandil
Power user
Power user
Distribution: Gentoo, PixieLive

Re: PixieLive4 released!

Post#3 by Mithrandil » 08 Nov 2013, 20:12

The funny thing is that I have to write your url twice every time i come here, because my brain is still putting that "o" in the name every time :-D
PixieLive developer www.pixielive.org