Can One Have More Than Two Toolbar Panel Desktop Screen?

Non release banter
jimwg
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: porteus

Can One Have More Than Two Toolbar Panel Desktop Screen?

Post#1 by jimwg » 20 Oct 2013, 16:43

Greetings:

Actually I have three related questions:

1. Can there be more than one toolbar panel, like for having one at top and bottom?

2. Is there a way for the toolbar to display more than two desktop screens?

3. Any "cheat" ways to make toolbar hide or transparent?

I'm running Porteus 2.1 with latest 32bit Razor.

Thanks for any info!

Jim in NYC

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Can One Have More Than Two Toolbar Panel Desktop Screen?

Post#2 by brokenman » 28 Oct 2013, 01:16

1. Can there be more than one toolbar panel, like for having one at top and bottom?
Not supported in razorqt.

Check in the control panel. If not this can be edited in a file. I will check it out tomorrow and let you know.

3. Any "cheat" ways to make toolbar hide or transparent?
Not supported in razorqt

1 out of three aint bad. The good news is lxde and razorqt are merging and I am currently building the alpha. The next release may support some of these. I havn't built everything but the panel appears to be razor-panel :(
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

sean
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus v3.0 LXDE i486

Re: Can One Have More Than Two Toolbar Panel Desktop Screen?

Post#3 by sean » 29 Dec 2013, 20:10

brokenman & jimwg,

I'm very pleased with LXDE, especially Porteus as it is. Is there room for improvement? You bet, but it seems to be the least problematic and needs fewer resources than any of the other DE's, "IMHO".

I was not fond of hearing the Qt-Panel will be used in the merged release sometime in the future. I have not found Qt to be more intuitive than LXDE, quite the opposite.

In lieu of the LXDE Qt merger, I've dipped my toes into Porteus RazorQt 3.0 rc1 32 bit. Here's what I've found and I will post any problem(s) appropriately shortly.

jimwg asked:

I can only assume jimwg is talking about desktop panels. Yes this can be done by right clicking in an existing panel, and choosing Add Panel. Otherwise, I fully realize the danger of assuming :-)

Workspaces are controlled by Openbox and no configuration app is included for it. However you can edit the number of workspaces in /etc/xdg/openbox/rc.xml. On line 123 change the number from 2 to whatever you desire. Reboot seems necessary to effect the change. Need to do that edit as root.

This part I will post under development 3.0 rc1 problems also.

I found the Porteus Installer would not provide the terminal window when installing from a CD to a USB stick. The files were all copied correctly but I had to manually activate the Porteus-installer-for-Linux.com in order for the thumb drive to boot.

Sean