Slax Drive

Non release banter
wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Slax Drive

Post#1 by wread » 16 Jan 2011, 16:20

There is a SlaxDrive version that can be used in MS Windows (XP and up, I think). Why don't we ask Thomas if he has any objections that we use it in Porteus? If he approves its use, we should include it back in Porteus!
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Slax Drive

Post#2 by brokenman » 16 Jan 2011, 23:31

I prefer other solutions like dropbox or thebox where you have more control. You can even change your own password if you wish!
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Post#3 by wread » 17 Jan 2011, 13:39

@brokenman
I think you are right, it could be better not to depend from TM at all for that. Besides, we should offer it for a nominal contribution (pre year, I would say) to help porteus.org to be alive. We shouldn't die from starving...
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

X-Factor
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#4 by X-Factor » 17 Jan 2011, 14:19

@wread
unfortunately dropbox are free :( got them on my XP, how about setting usbmodemswitch?, because there are so many different brand of usb modem, handphone and smartphone (not to mention ISP setting) that can be use as a method to surf the net.

What we can do those who donate (no matter how big or small ) will get email with lzm setting for their product n isp, otherwise they can do it manually via our how to. That way we didn't force anyone to donate. :D
I've been confine to my quarter
http://img143.imageshack.us/i/medusathing.jpg/