Always Fresh with my changes! HELP!

Non release banter
Impreza22b
Ronin
Ronin

Always Fresh with my changes! HELP!

Post#1 by Impreza22b » 03 Nov 2012, 13:47

I configured Porteous. Created porteus-changes-2012-11-03.szm and copied it to the g: \ porteus \ modules. then removed from porteus.cfg # changes = / boot / liga.dat
then when I boot i see Run as root - wicd
The action you requested needs root ................ and many more
Save.dat works well, but after I save the module changes and boot from it, the problems start, HELP! (((
And another question. Is it possible to do so would boot file SAVE.DAT not change or that the boot files are replaced with new old where all the settings are as I need?
Please write in detail because I do not know anything about Linux and Porteus.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Always Fresh with my changes! HELP!

Post#2 by fanthom » 03 Nov 2012, 15:14

when I boot i see Run as root - wicd
first advice: please upgrade to porteus-1.2 which has Network Manager instead of wicd.
The action you requested needs root
you have probably booted to the guest account. please reboot with 'toroot' cheatcode and check if that makes any difference.
Save.dat works well, but after I save the module changes and boot from it, the problems start, HELP! (((
if my two advices above wont help then please upload your "porteus-changes" module somewhere and send me download link on fanthom@porteus.org and i'll check whats wrong.
make sure that important/private data wont be included in the module.
Is it possible to do so would boot file SAVE.DAT not change or that the boot files are replaced with new old where all the settings are as I need?
not sure if i understand correctly but i guess that you would have to remaster "porteus-changes" module and delete/replace old settings with the new ones.
this may be a hard task but is still possible.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.