lxdm

Non release banter
Slackmedia
Ronin
Ronin

lxdm

Post#1 by Slackmedia » 18 Oct 2012, 21:35

Abend
ich habe 2 patche für lxdm mit den 1 wird die /etc/profile.d/lang.sh ausgelesen und somit die Bassente Übersetzung Genomen ,
das tty1 Problem gelöst .
http://pastebin.com/HRP1H5yD

mit den 2 (der muss nicht sein ) nur die Übersetzung verbessert
http://pastebin.com/qvfaLfpE

nun zu meinen Problem (Wunsch)
wie auf den Bild zu sehen ist kann Mann über ktsuss /usr/bin/lxdm-config Einstellungen machen nur leider nicht die sessen wie beim Hintergrund
(background.jpg)
bg=/usr/share/wallpapers/background.jpg
lxde/xfce4/ und so weiter in der /etc/lcdm/lxdm.conf den punkt
# session=/usr/bin/startlxde
wer kann mir hierbei helfen ?
mfg det
PS lxdm von hier http://cgit.ponce.cc/slackbuilds/snapsh ... 7.1.tar.gz
sory vor german

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Re: lxdm

Post#2 by Hamza » 19 Oct 2012, 04:36

Hello Slackmedia,

Your post doesn't appear to be written in English. Most of users of our community will not be able to read your wonderful stuff.
Google Translate wrote:Ihr Beitrag erscheint nicht in englischer Sprache verfasst werden. Die meisten der Nutzer unserer Gemeinschaft nicht in der Lage sein Ihre wunderbare Sachen zu lesen.
Thanks
NjVFQzY2Rg==

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#3 by Ahau » 19 Oct 2012, 16:11

Welcome, Slackmedia!

I do not speak German, and even google translate did not make it easy to understand your question. After looking through it, however, I believe you would like to add a menu item to the lxdm-config interface, which would allow users to specify the default desktop (for example, allowing the user to switch between lxde and xfce). Please let me know if I understand correctly.

If that is correct, then I believe what you need to do is patch the C files in lxdm (for the lxdm-config dialog) to create the new dropdown list, and that is outside of my skillset, though I don't imagine it would be too difficult for someone with a better understanding of C and gtk programming.

Porteus uses a different method for managing desktop logins because it is a 'live' system, and changes made through lxdm-conf would not last through a reboot if a user is not saving their changes. Instead, we use "cheatcodes" which are entered at the bootloader menu. During the system start-up, these cheatcodes tell the system (through /etc/rc.d/rc.M) how to change /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf to boot the specified desktop. See the code block at the end of this message for more on how that works.

We do have some German speakers on the forum who might be able to translate better. Perhaps we should start up a german forum in the "Other Languages" section...

German Translation via google translate / Deutsch Übersetzung via google translate:

Willkommen Slackmedia!

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, und auch google translate nicht machen es einfach, Ihre Frage zu verstehen. Nachdem wir durch es aber, glaube ich, Sie möchten, um einen Menüpunkt zum lxdm-config-Schnittstelle, die Benutzern erlauben, die Standard-Desktop (zum Beispiel, so dass der Benutzer zwischen lxde und xfce umschalten) angeben würden hinzuzufügen. Bitte lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn ich das richtig verstehe.

Wenn das richtig ist, dann glaube ich, was Sie tun müssen, die C-Dateien in lxdm (für die lxdm-config-Dialog) Patch ist die neue Dropdown-Liste zu erstellen, und das ist außerhalb meiner Skillset, obwohl ich mir nicht vorstellen, tun es wäre zu schwierig für jemanden mit einem besseren Verständnis der C-und gtk-Programmierung.

Porteus verwendet eine andere Methode für die Verwaltung von Desktop-Logins, weil es ein "Live"-System, und verändert sich durch lxdm-conf gemacht würde nicht durch einen Neustart dauern, wenn ein Benutzer nicht gespeichert wird ihre Veränderungen. Stattdessen verwenden wir "Cheatcodes", die am Bootloader-Menü eingegeben werden. Während der Inbetriebnahme des Systems, sagen diese Cheatcodes das System (über / etc / rc.d / rc.M) Wie ändert man / etc / lxdm / lxdm.conf den angegebenen Desktop starten. Siehe den Codeblock am Ende dieser Meldung mehr auf, wie das funktioniert.

Wir haben einige deutsche Redner auf dem Forum, in der Lage sein zu übersetzen besser haben könnte. Vielleicht sollten wir anfangen, einen Deutsch-Forum im "Other Languages​​" Abschnitt ...

excerpt from /etc/rc.d/rc.M / Auszug aus /etc/rc.d/rc.M

Code: Select all

# Let's check if user used 'lxde/xfce' cheatcode to determine display manager:
dm() { echo $1 > /mnt/live/tmp/dm; }
if egrep -qo " lxde( |\$)" /proc/cmdline; then
    if [ -x /usr/sbin/lxdm ]; then
	sed -i s^session=/usr/bin/startxfce4^session=/usr/bin/startlxde^g /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf 2>/dev/null
        ln -sf /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.lxde /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
        dm /usr/sbin/lxdm
    else
        dm xdm
    fi
elif egrep -qo " xfce( |\$)" /proc/cmdline; then
    if [ -x /usr/sbin/lxdm ]; then
	sed -i s^session=/usr/bin/startlxde^session=/usr/bin/startxfce4^g /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf 2>/dev/null
        ln -sf /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.xfce /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
        dm /usr/sbin/lxdm
    else
        dm xdm
    fi
else
    if test -x /usr/bin/kdm; then
        ln -sf /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.kde /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
        dm /usr/bin/kdm
    else
        dm xdm
    fi
fi
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

Slackmedia
Ronin
Ronin

Post#4 by Slackmedia » 19 Oct 2012, 17:17

hi
We do have some German speakers on the forum who might be able to translate better. Perhaps we should start up a german forum in the "Other Languages" section...
yes gut ide
If that is correct, then I believe what you need to do is patch the C files in lxdm (for the lxdm-config dialog) to create the new dropdown list,
yes

Desktop Default/lxdm/xfce4/.........
in lxdm-config
Desktop O |Xfce Session |
|lxdm Session|
und so
mfg det

Slackmedia
Ronin
Ronin

Post#5 by Slackmedia » 20 Oct 2012, 12:54

with the entry of "kdsuss xdm-config" comes with lxde as the Loginmanneger
here can Edit the file "/etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf"
hook with automatic login = here xbmc eg started as xbmc and no Passwd
but what is missing in lxdm-conf is a selection which is to evaluate desktop started, man now has a system like me with Xfce4/Lxdm/XBMC/vdr
always taken as lxdm desktop unless you manually Edit the file "/etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf"
# session=/usr/bin/startlxde
session=/usr/bin/........

lxdm can more than one desktop environment start unlike other Loginmaneger
but what is missing is that this can also be set desktop via lxdm-conf for easier installation of the system
but need help for this functions
mfg det

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Post#6 by wread » 21 Oct 2012, 22:55

Google translate to and from German is very bad yet. I have tried it with my students: I have some study material in German (mostly about bridges) and I distribute it to them to put them in Spanish for our lectures. They use Google and I must always finish translating it myself.

But honestly this version of German I cannot understand well either. It seems to me you are complaining about settings of the lxdm display manager. I guess you are not a native German speaker for the incorrectness of your German syntax, but you are using a German version of lxde. Maybe you can translate your native language to English for better understandability.

Glaub uns, wir wollen Dir hefen. Versuch noch mals :)
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!