Non release banter
Tonio
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Slackware,porteus,FreeBSD,Slax

Old Slax users please help!

Post#1 by Tonio » 01 Aug 2012, 00:52

Dear old Slax users,

The Slax forum is being massively attacked by SPAMMERS. I cannot keep up! We need an army of slax users to mark the first 50+ posts or more as SPAM except for one or two threads. Or we need to kindly ask Tomas to bring his site down(at least temporarily). I apologize for asking for help here on Porteus site, but Porteus started off as Slax-Remix and it has a special place for many of us. If you can bring some attention to this and help please do so. Thanks for all that you do!

EDIT:

hotdoctorr, burebista are the usernames that have posted thousands/millions? don't know how many posts they have created. They make the occasional spammers be like good people, these guys have massively attacked slax forum. I hope administrators are on the lookout for them so they won't post that kind of crap here!

I can't keep up deleting the SPAM there :( I hate to give up, but I am no SUPER User and wish i could just delete all the posts from them.

EDIT2:

Sorry about the alarming message. Tomas M has fixed the SPAM. It was going in at a very high rate :(
Might have been robots? Keep a watchful eye on this situation. One never knows, even with high guard and good solid programs to prevent this, the bad guys on the other side can come through :( Hopefully they don't and we don't worry about this!

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Old Slax users please help!

Post#2 by brokenman » 04 Aug 2012, 00:54

Let us know if the problem persists. If Tomas is ok with it i can work with him to knock it on the head.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Tonio
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Slackware,porteus,FreeBSD,Slax

Post#3 by Tonio » 05 Aug 2012, 01:12

brokenman wrote:Let us know if the problem persists. If Tomas is ok with it i can work with him to knock it on the head.
Sure! The problem seems to be taken care of for the meantime. Thanks for your response. I was getting desperate and losing hope. The rate of spam being posted was overwhelming. I sent an email to Tomas M to ask him to shutdown the forum temporarily at least :( He deleted more than 50 pages of pure SPAM. I still hope that those bad guys(Spammers) don't come here and do their thing.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#4 by brokenman » 06 Aug 2012, 13:25

Oh .. they try. I have logs filled with attempts. We have a guard dog that bites them in the butt.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.