Saving Changes "The Brutal Way"

Non release banter
wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Saving Changes "The Brutal Way"

Post#1 by wread » 27 May 2012, 18:57

Normally I run Porteus in AF-mode. Sometimes I make interesting changes worth to be saved, so I simply copy the whole folder /mnt/live/memory/changes/root/.kde/share/config to rootcopy/root/.kde/share/ and say ok to the overwrites..... 8)

Regards
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

mailmegx
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus 1.2 XFCE 64bit

Re: Saving Changes "The Brutal Way"

Post#2 by mailmegx » 03 Jun 2012, 17:56

what I normally do is map the hope directory to a /mnt/sda1/home or something writable I do this in /etc/passwd and make a module for it, now that I think of it it could be a really handy cheatcode to say roothome=/mnt/sda1/myhomes/root or homepath=/mnt/sda1/homes for guest or other users, just not sure if this is feasible or worthwhile, its so easy to make a module for /etc/passwd or as you suggest dump it in rootcopy and not have to worry about syncing every so often

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Saving Changes "The Brutal Way"

Post#3 by fanthom » 03 Jun 2012, 18:21

now that I think of it it could be a really handy cheatcode to say roothome=/mnt/sda1/myhomes/root or homepath=/mnt/sda1/homes for guest or other users
"magic folders" does that at the moment so no need of new cheatcode. you can pair multiple folders if you want (let's say: /home/fanthom, /home/wread with /mnt/sda4/home/fanthom, /mnt/sda4/home/wread, or just /home with /mnt/sda4/home, etc.. almost endless number of combinations ). please try it.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.