Hotels and Operating Systems

Non release banter
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#1 by Rava » 03 Dec 2023, 09:00

Found this while having issues with the Xfce forum and looking for possible solutions.

https://vinzv.de/en/hotels-and-operating-systems

macOS is like a hotel. Everything is polished, designed and cared for. But it's also sterile and you can't bring your own furniture or cook your own food. On Linux, you need to do the dishes and take out the trash yourself. But it's yours. No one forces their agenda on you. It simply feels like home.
B) :thumbsup:
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Vic
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteux V-0.1 64 KDE

Post#2 by Vic » 07 Dec 2023, 18:59

M$ Windows is like Walmart.

Linux operating systems are like the biggest baddest flea market that ever existed.

Obviously I love flea markets. The Porteus booth is the best.

Vic

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#3 by Rava » 07 Dec 2023, 19:37

^
So accurate. And funny.

The best flea market I ever knew was the Camden Market in London, Camden town. It existed like that until the late 1990th but is now sadly a thing of the past. Very alternative, and bobbies patrolled in pairs telling folks to look out for pickpockets, but I never had issues with any. I did not look touristy back then but too much alternative myself so that I blended right in. :D

And comparing Operating Systems to shops, flea markets or hotels is a funny and enlightening game. B)

benjibasson
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Arch linux

Post#4 by benjibasson » 21 Dec 2023, 21:31

With Windows it is expensive, you have to go to there restaurant to eat meat they choosed for you.
However tou have to take out the trash

With Linux I can add that you can change your bedroom's wallpaper, your bed, windows and doors to be to your task