Anyone else got this "the token was outdated" forum posting loop bug?

Non release banter
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#1 by Rava » 25 Jan 2022, 14:35

This bug on the forum happens once in a while, therefore I recorded it to show you.

See the approx 4 seconds long video for yourself:
https://filehorst.de/d/ebizkHHd
File: forum.porteus.org-posting-error.ogv
md5sum: 471bd4d6f6017bdd24fd4518e1c5023c
size: 279,48 kB

It took minutes for forum.porteus.org to finally be able to post my short post. :( In that time I was able to leisurely
· activate my outdated but working flawlessly recordmydesktop-0.3.8.1-x86_64-1ftm.xzm
· make a screenshot of the whole desktop that has Palemoon and the offending "Outdated Token loop" on it to
· use mtpaint on the screenshot to determine the -x -y --width --height parameters
· and finally execute recordmydesktop with these -x -y --width --height parameters [*] :

Code: Select all

sleep 5;beep;recordmydesktop --no-sound --no-cursor -x 510 -y 509  --width 882 --height 288
and also use LosslessCut-linux-3.30.1.AppImage to cut the video.

Only then I switched back to the browser desktop… realizing in the few minutes since taking the video and editing it the post finally succeeded. :)

System: 5.0rc3 XFCE 4.12
Browser: 005-palemoon-29.4.4.linux-x86_64-gtk3.xzm

I first switched to the tab with Your posts of the logged into https://forum.porteus.org session and refreshed that tab, but it not asked me for logging in (using the "remember me" functionality). Still, the "Outdated Token loop" persisted in the other tab. Hence I recorded the video to show you that loop.

Any idea why that can happen?

#!/bin/sh
# V0.2: changed "$wavfile" to "$soundfile"
soundfile=/mnt/sda2/sound/notification_-15dB.mp3
if [ -f "$soundfile" ]; then
    #echo aplay "$wavfile"
    mpg123 "$soundfile" 2>/dev/null
else
    echo "Soundfile $soundfile not found!"
fi
Update on the beep sound file:
it is a mp3 with by -15dB reduced volume of the original

/usr/share/sounds/uget/notification.wav
- that .wav was in much older rc versions of Porteus 5.0 part of the system but since then (at least for a year) that .wav file is no longer present.
notification_-15dB.mp3 itself is a mere 2924 bytes small file. :celebrate3:
The sound is something like a "blob" kind of sound, and when reduced in volume like the notification_-15dB.mp3 variant is, quite decent as a audible reminder when you want just that: a decent audible reminder of whatever it is you want the system to inform you about. :)

If anyone is interested in notification_-15dB.mp3 I could upload it, just tell me here or via PM and I will do so. :D
Last edited by Rava on 26 Jan 2022, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the "Update on the beep sound file" part
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#2 by Ed_P » 27 Jan 2022, 23:53

Rava wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 14:35
This bug on the forum happens once in a while, therefore I recorded it to show you.

See the approx 4 seconds long video for yourself:
My guess would be you are signed onto Porteus, you then close the lid on your notebook or close your browser or the system shuts down because the battery is low. Later you use the notebook and signon to Porteus but the previous signon's "token" is still in the browser's cache, so the browser uses it and the forum reports the prior "token" as outdated.

Since no one else seems to be having the problem I don't think it's a Porteus forum problem.
Rava wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 14:35
If anyone is interested in notification_-15dB.mp3 I could upload it, just tell me here or via PM and I will do so.
Yes please. And your beep script. In fact you could upload them as a module. ;)
Ed

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#3 by Rava » 28 Jan 2022, 12:50

Ed_P wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 23:53
My guess would be you are signed onto Porteus, you then close the lid on your notebook or close your browser or the system shuts down because the battery is low. Later you use the notebook and signon to Porteus but the previous signon's "token" is still in the browser's cache, so the browser uses it and the forum reports the prior "token" as outdated.
Not really… no system shutdown. The battery is long broken and I did not bother getting a replacement, so it only works on the AC like a regular PC (albeit an extremely energy-efficient one)
Usually that all works fine, even when I suspend the system in between.

I presume it is something with Palemoon, but I have no clue what that might me. At least resetting the PM local settings files all to the ones saved in my 985-palemoon-recent-settings.xzm did help.

The rest I answered in a more appropriate thread, my "coding goodies" one:
Ravas coding goodies (post # 73)
Cheers!
Yours Rava