[not4n00bs] a secure "runtime" userland...

Non release banter
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus 5.0rc1 x86-64 XFCe

Post#16 by Rava » 10 Nov 2020, 17:02

^I still don't know how to interpret the sentence - not everybody is a native tongue and gets your ambiguity.
I have no idea why answering a simple question that created ambiguity to a non-native tongue is seemingly so impossible to you.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: fu11m00nremix

Post#17 by fu11m00nremix » 10 Nov 2020, 18:27

Rava wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 17:02
^I still don't know how to interpret the sentence - not everybody is a native tongue and gets your ambiguity.
Well if you refuse to be clear I ignore this thread from now on, bye.
It appears you didn't "understand" the link explaining what a Linux "ricer" is.
Or... the second one showing examples of "ricer" display screens.
Or... the car analogy I made of my experience "ricing" a sports car.
The term "ricer" originated with car modification.

In any case... I personally don't see metaphor or "figure of speech" (or illustrated examples) as "ambiguity".
I have read translations of Von Clausewitz... Machiavelli... SunTzu and Homer.

And those translations from other cultures weren't written in my "native" tongue
either... but I did not view them as ambiguous or lacking in clarity or offensive.

I saw them as opportunities to understand a different point of view.

Refusal? That assumes a request was made. Yet I don't recall being asked... "what do you mean?"

Or alternatively... any of the terminology I use (like any one else's) can be Googled.

As my signature "clearly" states... if you have any concerns reach out thru PM so I can accomodate them.

And it "clearly" appears you are concerned about my ability to communicate.
Last edited by fu11m00nremix on 12 Nov 2020, 22:43, edited 3 times in total.
I receive no compensation and offer only ideas and info to "consider"... the rest is on you.
If my "viewpoint" doesn't work for you there is an alternative to WEAPONIZING ("censoring") it. Try using PM... :hmmm:

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#18 by fu11m00nremix » 11 Nov 2020, 01:43

Rava wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 17:02
Well if you refuse to be clear I ignore this thread from now on, bye.
Your corrected response does not change my last response.

This tutorial thread is about Musl libc. It is not about whether you like me or not.
I did not join the forum to make friends. Or to defend casual use of the English language.

Casually used by many in this forum (and chat) including you and those even @ the top of the food chain.

IMHO... (or not?) you have been trolling my threads for 6 years while refusing
(in fairness... with one exception) to address your concerns (in private) with me.

This is nothing more than an attempt to weaponize my commentary with baiting tactics to get me sanctioned.

To the mods... :sos:

My thread is being jacked with complaints that this member should discuss (in private) with you.

I have violated no forum rule and wish to resume the topic so I can continue to serve this community.

And if you have any concerns... reach out to me (privately) through PM so I can accommodate them.

Many thanks... :good:
I receive no compensation and offer only ideas and info to "consider"... the rest is on you.
If my "viewpoint" doesn't work for you there is an alternative to WEAPONIZING ("censoring") it. Try using PM... :hmmm:

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#19 by Rava » 11 Nov 2020, 04:53

fu11m00nremix wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 01:43
This tutorial thread is about Musl libc.
[…]
Or to defend casual use of the English language.

Casually used by many in this forum (and chat) including you and those even @ the top of the food chain.
Yes and I was asking about one simple phrase non native tongues usually not familiar with. No trolling or baiting of any kind, me as non native tongue asking such has only been about that one single phrase. Why your need to reply more elaborate even accusing me of baiting or hijacking without giving a simple answer to one simple question is anyone's guess.
fu11m00nremix wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 01:43
IMHO... (or not?) you have been trolling my threads for 6 years while refusing
(in fairness... with one exception) to address your concerns (in private) with me.
So anyone who replies to any person more than once is trolling the threads of the first person.

Are you serious. By that logic approx 80-99% of all forum posts are mere trolling.

You are aware a forum makes only sense when folks reply? If you only want certain pre-selected folks allowed to reply to your highness who changes his username regularly to something including full and moon - start your own forum or blog.

I and all moderators and admins here recall the verbal abuse from you targeting me very well, even when that was years ago and even you changing your account name, or closing one account and creating a new one. You having deleted all of your old posts does not erase the proof of your past abuse. And not just abuse against a co forum user but nasty repeated abuse against a forum moderator.

When you did act like such a low life in the past you wonder why people try to get away from your abuse?
Cheers!
Yours Rava

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#20 by fu11m00nremix » 11 Nov 2020, 10:06

Rava wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 04:53
I was asking about one simple phrase non native tongues usually not familiar with.
Like my post signature states... what I post is info to "consider". If you can't comprehend it that's on you.
You are not replyng you are complaining and baiting (also... attempting to moderate which is NOT your job).
Rava wrote:
your highness who changes his username regularly to something
What I name my accounts (after they are mutilated) is my right like anyone else. The same is true for my avatar choice.
Rava wrote:
nasty repeated abuse
If Speaking truth to power (which is what I did and continue do) is "abuse" then... guilty as charged. ;)
Rava wrote:
You having deleted all of your old posts does not erase the proof of your past abuse
Incorrect... the mods deleted and/or froze the my accounts. Not for nothing...
weaponized account mutilation IS demonstrably "abusive". IMHO... (or not?)

see... Forum Censorship and Hypocrisy... (Post by fu11m00nremix #79138)
Rava wrote:
you did act like such a low life
I guarantee for very good reasons you would not be able to insult me in person.

Again... the topic is Musl libc and NOT whether me and you can hang out and have a "riced" beer. :beer:

Get over yourself.

Dude... you are mutilating my thread. Everything you are expressing... I encourage you to do with me and/or the mods in PRIVATE .

This is nothing more than an attempt to weaponize my commentary with baiting tactics to get me sanctioned.

To the mods... :sos:

My thread is being jacked with complaints that this member should discuss (in private) with you.

I have violated no forum rule and wish to resume the topic so I can continue to serve this community.

Pls Note: I request that ALL posts to this thread that are off topic ...be redacted.

And if you have any concerns... reach out to me (privately) through PM so I can accommodate them.

Many thanks... :good:
Last edited by fu11m00nremix on 16 Nov 2020, 08:44, edited 4 times in total.

fanthom
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#21 by fanthom » 12 Nov 2020, 13:21

@fu11m00nremix

I'm also waiting ...

Will it ever come real? Seems you are working on it for quite some time now ...
Give us anything to test.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#22 by fu11m00nremix » 12 Nov 2020, 14:47

I'm waiting for my rig. I'm using a borrowed rig. So I can't get access conveniently.

The President has not helped with the trade war and slowing the Postal Service.

Most of my stuff is coming in from China.

But I'm on the case. The desktop environment is a little quirky.

It's pure PekWM (XCB) so Porteus dialogs are problematic.

It defaults to XfeFM (Fox Toolkit) so those Porteus dialogs are problematic.

Utimately... I intend to change those dialogs from Gtk to use Fox Toolkit (perhaps a very long learning curve?).

The menu is jgmenu (XCB) the launcher is Wbar (xlib).

Also the task bar is Polybar (XCB) and the display manager is feh (xlib).

I'm also compositing with Compton (Picom is not in the pkgs.com repo).

I'm also cleaning up my configurations and adding some security.

The toolchain (I put it in "Optional") is giving me problems so I'm skipping it for now.

When I get it going correctly... I'd like to compile Enter (XCB) to replace SLiM.

I'm also skipping Connman to replace NM and LibreSSL to replace OpenSSL (@ least for now).

I'm just trying to avoid presenting a sloppy derivative build.

Porteus standards are high so I'm trying to get stuff to work smoothly.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#23 by Rava » 13 Nov 2020, 14:05

^ wow, so much toolkits and whatnot issues.

Is there no running example from other Linux variants that run on better known GUIs like XFCE ?
It cannot be that you are the only one to ever tried getting it to run on any decent Linux I presume.

And yes, do take your time, when there are issues along the way - especially when it takes way longer than thought - then it makes sense to post here about it - that you did (after fanthom asked about it as well)
Maybe some people can add advice. Sadly, I cannot, I heard of all the toolkits and whatnot here for the first time.
Last edited by Rava on 13 Nov 2020, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
Cheers!
Yours Rava

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#24 by fu11m00nremix » 14 Nov 2020, 00:31

The EDE (desktop environment) uses FLTK and does something similar to what I'm going for... but it looks like Windows 98.

When I post this project perhaps it will get contributors like Nemesis.
Last edited by fu11m00nremix on 14 Nov 2020, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#25 by Rava » 14 Nov 2020, 01:01

^

FLWM also uses FLTK and it has its full name FLWM – Fast Light Window Manager for a reason.

And can Xlib be used instead? To quote http://wikka.puppylinux.com/JWM
JWM (Joe's Window Manager) is the default window manager in many Puppy Linux versions including Puppy4. It is light weight using only Xlib at a minimum.
But questionable if it would improve the look n feel much:

JWM
It provides an interface similar to Windows 98 and can support some GNOME, Motif and Extended Window Manager Hints.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#26 by fu11m00nremix » 14 Nov 2020, 02:18

I used to use JWM in Puppy and it is a good WM but it has glibc (LLVM/MESA circular) dependency.

I also used to use FLWM (FLTK) in Porteus and TinyCore.

But it has glibc dependency too. So good toolkit/WM... not so good library.

I found the dependencies with depfinder went I compiled them.

PekWM ( XCB ) is a fork of Awesome (window manager) and neither has glibc dependency.

Gtk and glibc are not dealbreakers for applications...

but for environment's (and compiling) they are problematic.

Musl mitigates glibc dependency but it cannot be used to compile.

So an XCB based DE (eg. polybar... jgmenu... wbar/xlib) is the best choice across the board...

for environments... applications and @ compile time.

What I'm saying is... @ compile time I'm willing to compromise with using glibc's library.

But it's still a dealbreaker as a Desktop environment dependency @ compile time.

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#27 by fu11m00nremix » 14 Nov 2020, 21:05

Ok... ready or not I will post the derivative in one week.

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#28 by fu11m00nremix » 22 Nov 2020, 09:36

Making final changes with tactics from one of my old threads...
"Full Moon Remix" (rogue) base modules

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Post#29 by donald » 28 Nov 2020, 22:22

fu11m00nremix wrote:
14 Nov 2020, 21:05
Ok... ready or not I will post the derivative in one week.
Please help..
I cannot find the download link.

fu11m00nremix
Samurai
Samurai

Post#30 by fu11m00nremix » 28 Nov 2020, 22:49

When the derivative is ready the link to https://mega.nz will be posted by PM to select members
like neko and my mentor wread because of excessive thread trolling IMHO (or not?)... :no:

I will also create a thread in PM to host my project.

I don't feel compelled to openly post my creation so individuals that don't share my values can benefit from my labor.

PlsNote: Anyone seriously interested in my project that "share my values" should contact me by PM so I can accommodate them.
Last edited by fu11m00nremix on 29 Nov 2020, 02:35, edited 2 times in total.