Recent outage

Global Announcements
brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Recent outage

Post#1 by brokenman » 24 May 2011, 19:52

Apologees to those that were gravely inconvenienced by the sudden outage yesterday.

An error was made by a team member when updating our SSL security, who then went away thinking everything was running nicely. It wasn't until the following morning that the error was discovered and corrected. Unfortunately for us it sometimes takes time for the global cache to update. Nothing we can do about that.

Porteus was featured in a Sri Lankan magazine recently which has presented many new Sri Lankan members. Welcome to you all. For a while we had to place restrictions on Sri Lankan IP addresses as this sudden influx of new members raised a few eyebrows, and we were unaware our inclusion in this popular magazine. Congratulations.

I will take this opportunity to thank 'Team Porteus' for doing such a great job for such low pay, and helping to maintain this community. Sometimes problems occur, but most of the time we run efficiently and smoothly. As we are now on the verge of the first official v1.0 release ... i trust this loyalty and patronage will continue long into the future.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.