The Porteus Community is proud to announce Porteus 2.1 RC2 (Standard Desktop Edition), as well as Porteus Kiosk Edition 2.0.5! We've restructured our layout and users can now build their own custom Porteus at http://build.porteus.org. We also offer standalone iso releases of five desktop environments (KDE4, RazorQT, Mate, Xfce and LXDE) for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. We've also put together prepackaged modules (i486 & x86_64) for Google-Chrome, Opera, Libreoffice, Abiword, and printing/scanning software, which can be dropped in place to get out-of-the-box functionality! Please note that the "Development" module will now need to be downloaded as a standalone module if you wish to compile additional software in Porteus.
You can build your own custom edition here:
You can download your desired edition from the following links:
32-bit editions: http://dl.porteus.org/i486/testing/Porteus-v2.1-rc2/
64-bit editions: http://dl.porteus.org/x86_64/testing/Porteus-v2.1-rc2/
Additional 64-bit modules (browsers, development, office, printing) and amd/nVidia video drivers can be found inside the 'modules' and 'drivers' folders.
md5sums for all iso's and modules are listed in the 'md5sums.txt' file located in the same directory as the iso's.
Below is our changelog for the base of the Standard Desktop Edition. Individual DE changelogs can be viewed here
- /boot/docs/requirements.txt: added RAM requirements for Mate desktop
- initrd: upgraded to latest components (busybox-1.21.1 fixed mounting with '-o users' flag)
- linuxrc: fixed modules counting in 'copy2ram' mode
- added 'libbfd.so' to aaa_elflibs package as is required by the 'ar' utility
- added 'ar' utility required by the deb2xzm script
- updated txz2xzm script which now moves /usr/share/man to /usr/man, this is useful when converting .deb or .rpm to xzm
- added guest to the 'lp' group. required by the 'hplip' package from printing module
- replaced 'autoexec=' with 'cliexec=' and 'guiexec=' cheatcodes. please refer to /boot/docs/cheatcodes.txt for more info
- upgraded to: alsa-utils-126.96.36.199, dosfstools-3.0.20, e2fsprogs-1.42.8, kmod-14, ntfs-3g-2013.1.13, reiserfsprogs-3.6.23, webfs-1.21
- updated Porteus FAQ to version 2.1
- fixed pburn icon on splash image
- upgraded to: asunder-2.3, gtkdialog-0.8.3, libva-1.2.1, libva-intel-driver-1.2.0, libvdpau-0.6, mesa-9.1.4, NetworkManager-0.9.8.2, NetworkManager-openvpn-0.9.8.2, NetworkManager-pptp-0.9.8.2, pburn-4.0.1, xf86-video-intel-2.21.11, xf86-video-modesetting-0.8.0, xf86-video-nouveau-1.0.8, xf86-video-openchrome-0.3.3
Kiosk edition changelog:
- implemented pxe client support. Due to restrictions in the Kiosk edition PXE services must be hosted on different operating system. Porteus standard edition could be used for this task or any other linux (or even Windows) with dhcpcd, tftpd, and httpd support. Please check Set up PXE server for Porteus Kiosk edition HOWTO for detailed instructions.
- fixed 'init' script not finding correct sgn file in case when multiple versions of Kiosk are present
- 'init' script will search for .sgn file for 20 secs which should be enough even for very slow media to initialize
- added a 'network check' function (up to 5 sec of delay) before launching firefox for the first time
- added xrandr utility to the ISO
- disabled password popup and notification when urls are blocked by 'Public Fox' addon
- added 'set screen size' feature wchich allows the user to set custom mode for the monitor
- added option for enabling 'pxe client' which allows booting Kiosk edition over network
- fixed URLs not being blocked in some cases by 'Public Fox' addon when 'block websites' option is choosen
- always download porteus-kiosk.txt from the server to avoid Kiosk version mixing in case when files from /tmp folder are never deleted on user PC
- replaced all yellow text with gray one which has better visibility
- upgraded flash player to version 188.8.131.521 and flash_legacy to 10.3.183.90
You can download the Kiosk edition ISO and wizard here: http://www.porteus.org/download-kiosk.html
Please report all bugs and/or feedback for the Standard Desktop Editions in the development section on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2307
Please report all bugs and/or feedback for the Kiosk Edition on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=2308
Thank you to all of the members of the Porteus Community for their help in testing the Release Candidates and providing excellent feedback!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Last edited by brokenman on 09 Aug 2013, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.