The Porteus Community is pleased to present Porteus Kiosk Edition Version 2.0.3
This distribution release includes bug fixes, software updates and new features. At a mere 38 megabytes, the Porteus Kiosk Edition ISO includes just the libraries and utilities required to run Firefox in a secure environment, making this a perfect fit for kiosks and other web terminals. You can also download our updated kiosk wizard, which automates the customization process while keeping the Kiosk edition locked down and secure.
Here's our changelog from v2.0.2 to 2.0.3:
New Features in Kiosk Wizard:
- added support for blacklisting webpages and domains through the 'Public Kiosk' addon
- added a "flash legacy" module for older PC's whose CPU does not support SSE2 instructions
- upgraded to flashplayer-220.127.116.115 which covers several vulnerabilities
- disabled firefox shortcuts (ctrl+t, ctrl+j, ctrl+k, ctrl+l, F6 and more) when 'disable navigation bar' option is selected.
Upgrades and Fixes to the ISO:
- upgraded Firefox to version 21.0
- kernel has been upgraded to linux-3.9.4
- upgraded to libdrm-2.4.45, xf86-input-synaptics-1.7.1 and xf86-video-intel-2.21.7 (which should support all of the GPU's in the upcoming Haswell processors)
- kernel config: enabled wifi and ethernet drivers from 'staging'
- disabled 1 sec delay before Firefox goes fullscreen
You can download the ISO and the Wizard from the Kiosk download page:
For more information on installing and customizing Porteus Kiosk Edition, please visit the Kiosk FAQ:
Thanks for using Porteus!
1 post • Page 1 of 1