The Porteus Community is excited to announce that Porteus 2.0 Final is now available for immediate download!
This is the first stable release of our Standard and Xfce Editions based on Slackware 14.0.
Here are some of the major changes between version 1.2 and version 2.0:
- Linux kernel upgraded to version 3.7.8
- Razor-qt replaced Trinity as the Desktop Environment for the 32-bit Standard Edition
- All desktops were upgraded to their latest stable versions:
Xfce 4.10 (thunar upgrdaded to 1.6.2)
LXDE (latest components except for pcmanfm)
- firefox upgraded to version 18.0.2
- gtk tools updates:
Porteus Package Manager now resolves all dependencies such as python and perl
Language Selection Tool has been completely rewritten to be faster and more simple to use
merged from_dev=, from_dir= and from_iso= into one "from=" cheatcode
added the EXIT: option to the changes= cheatcode, which saves all changes once when you shutdown
- /boot folder:
switched from initrd to initramfs
Porteus installation scripts were completely rewritten to be easier to use
- booting scripts:
added RAID support to rc.S and rc.6
added 'watch-xorg' script to rc.4 which loads vesa/modesetting configs in case of Xorg failures.
- userland: many new and upgraded packages, graphic stack is newer than in slackware current (libdrm-2.4.40, Mesa-9.0.1 and latest DDX drivers)
You can download your desired edition from the following link:
You can watch video previews showing version 2.0 in action!
As this is a stable release, any bug reports should go in the official "bug reports" area of our forum here:
The Porteus Development Team would like to thank our community members for helping to test the release candidates,
as well as our families for all the time they let us spend working on this great little distro!
Also, special thanks goes out to our financial donors -- more information on contributing can be found here:
We hope you enjoy running Porteus as much as we enjoy building it!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 6060
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 03:50
- Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops
- Location: Brazil