How to install Libre Office ?

PorteuX - The Next Experience. It's inspired by Slax and Porteus but with heaps of improvements
benjibasson
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Arch linux

Post#1 by benjibasson » 01 Sep 2023, 21:30

Hi
I would like to install last version of Libre Office because only office 7.4.1 is really disgusting because it doesn't work in respect to the standard iso26300 witch is the unic open standard office format.
It is not only font problem: every tables, shape are very distorted ( take 4 pixel length instead of 20 centiliters)
Paragraph below the cv's picture is on top side of pictures.

To install or update libre Office in Poteus v5 I use update-libreoffice command line.

In porteux 0.5 Libre Office is neither on the market, neither in the command line.
Ans usm give obsolete version of libreoffice without font

How to install last version of Libre Office with fonts on porteux please?

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#2 by Rava » 02 Sep 2023, 04:34

benjibasson wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 21:30
take 4 pixel length instead of 20 centiliters
Liter is a measurement for volume not length. could it be you meant millimetre?
benjibasson wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 21:30
How to install last version of Libre Office with fonts on porteux please?
Since Porteux currently not works for me - see here: PorteuX and using a different kernel - I cannot test it for you.

I would do the following: activate the Libre Office module you created for Porteus 5.0 and that seems to work okay for you when running Porteus 5.0

Then do this in a terminal:

Code: Select all

guest@porteus:/$ example-program | grep "not found"
Exchange "example-program" with the name of the program you want to test. Make sure it is available in your $PATH - the module should be configured so that it is. If it is not use this syntax instead:

guest@porteus:/$ /opt/example-program/example-program | grep "not found"
when "/opt/example-program/" is the path where your to be tested "example-program" is located. Once more, adjust the path and program name.

The | grep "not found" only shows you errors when dependencies are missing.
Work from there in adding the missing dependencies. You could e.g. just copy them from your working Porteus and put them into a "example-program-dependencies_for_PorteuX0.5.xzm" module.

Cave! Many libraries have the binary but also symlinks. All are needed. Example:

root@porteus:/usr/lib64# ls -o libxtables.so*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root    20 2022-12-11 09:44 libxtables.so -> libxtables.so.12.4.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root    20 2022-12-11 09:44 libxtables.so.12 -> libxtables.so.12.4.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root 71560 2021-02-13 13:07 libxtables.so.12.4.0
One binary, two symlinks. You need to create all three if | grep "not found" would tell you "libxtables.so.12.4.0" is missing.

Added in 12 minutes 6 seconds:
And it could be that you have to do the

guest@porteus:/$ example-program | grep "not found"
more than once, since even when you added all missing dependencies from your first go, chances are high that some of the now added dependencies have dependencies on their own that could also be missing, but these only show when the primary dependencies are met, only then possible sub-dependencies are shown via | grep "not found"
HTH! :)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

Post#3 by fulalas » 02 Sep 2023, 10:34

@benjibasson, you can try the AppImage: https://appimages.libreitalia.org/Libre ... 4.AppImage
(make sure the binary is set to be executable)

You also need the Java Runtime: http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbu ... 1alien.txz

Let me know if this works.