PuTTY

Technical issues/questions of an intermediate or advanced nature.
Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

PuTTY

Post#1 by Jack » 18 May 2020, 00:38

I know how to copy/paste but in PuTTY it won't let me paste in to PuTTY. Can someone tell me how to fixed it and I'm running in Superuser?

I built a 6809 Single Board Computer and I'm using PuTTY as a Terminal so I can load in Basic program but I can't paste the program in to the Terminal.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

PuTTY

Post#2 by ncmprhnsbl » 18 May 2020, 01:29

from: https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0. ... #faq-howto
A.6.6 How do I copy and paste between PuTTY and other Windows applications?

Copy and paste works similarly to the X Window System. You use the left mouse button to select text in the PuTTY window. The act of selection automatically copies the text to the clipboard: there is no need to press Ctrl-Ins or Ctrl-C or anything else. In fact, pressing Ctrl-C will send a Ctrl-C character to the other end of your connection (just like it does the rest of the time), which may have unpleasant effects. The only thing you need to do, to copy text to the clipboard, is to select it.

To paste the clipboard contents into a PuTTY window, by default you click the right mouse button. If you have a three-button mouse and are used to X applications, you can configure pasting to be done by the middle button instead, but this is not the default because most Windows users don't have a middle button at all.

You can also paste by pressing Shift-Ins.
so right-click or shift+ins (i presume 'ins' is 'insert' key: next to right ctrl on my keyboard(could be elsewhere)..
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

PuTTY

Post#3 by Jack » 18 May 2020, 02:00

I guest this will work in Porteus to.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

PuTTY

Post#4 by Jack » 18 May 2020, 14:14

When I pasted the Basic program code here is the output. How can I fix it?

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

PuTTY

Post#5 by Ed_P » 18 May 2020, 17:12

Does the source of the text you are copying show line numbers?
Ed

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

PuTTY

Post#6 by Jack » 18 May 2020, 20:30

@Ed_P yes it dose.