(SOLVED) Missing operating system FATAL: INT18: BOOT FAILURE Porteus 5.0 on Virtualbox 6.1, help is appreciated, thanks

Technical issues/questions of an intermediate or advanced nature.
joejac
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 3.1

Missing operating system FATAL: INT18: BOOT FAILURE Porteus 5.0 on Virtualbox 6.1, help is appreciated, thanks

Post#16 by joejac » 15 Jan 2020, 00:03

Hello,
Thanks to everyone for your kind help.
I was able to install Porteus 5 with KDE it looks very nice, I love it. I was able to install Playonlinux creating a xzm module from the .dbi package, but it failed to install wine. I was able to install wine from a .xzm module but unable to install Q4Wine to manage wine applications, trying to download the q4wine package from Slackware I got the error "Fatal Error LIBS.TXT" "Please wait 6 hours for next database update". And I tried hard but I was not able to enter into the VirtualBox shared folder, something easy for me with other distributions.
I was thinking to use Flatpak packages, but I saw a forum post of a person reporting some errors. I am not a technical person to deal with difficult issues. I will wait until Porteus has a module of updated Playonlinux with all its dependencies and a more direct way to deal with the shared folders.
Thanks and Regards.
joejac