Electron Apps on Porteus 32bit - is it possible?

Technical issues/questions of an intermediate or advanced nature.
glestwid
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteus-XFCE 5.0 i586

Post#16 by glestwid » 30 May 2019, 11:01

Ok, how I can collect all the dependencies? I mean w/o multiple attempts to download something from USM followed by failed attempts to run with messages 'blah-blah-blah was not found' etc.

burdi01
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Slackware PartedMagic Xubuntu

Post#17 by burdi01 » 31 May 2019, 09:38

To list the missing dependencies of an executable or library issue in an xterm something like:

Code: Select all

ldd /usr/bin/electron | grep found
And yes, when adding a dependency you may find that this dependency itself has missing dependencies. However, this is not as awkward as it looks: in my experience for the majority of cases two or three "levels" are all this takes.

You are not limited to using USM -- actually I personally never use USM. Porteus belongs to the Slackware family and supports the Slackware package tools. Have a look at the application's website, google for "<application> slackware" etc. Chances are you will find a 14.2 Slackware package or a SlackBuild. In the latter case build the package. Use the *2xzm scripts to convert the package into a bundle.

Search the Porteus, Slackware and SlackBuilds web sites for documentation. tips and tricks, etc.
:D

glestwid
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteus-XFCE 5.0 i586

Post#18 by glestwid » 03 Jun 2019, 18:09

Hi,

I installed ffmpeg-3.4.6-i586-lalien but the command you offered:

Code: Select all

ldd /usr/bin/electron | grep found
still getting in output both libnode.so and libffmpeg.so as not available. Is it expected behavior or it would be better to look for libffmpeg.so somewhere else?

burdi01
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Slackware PartedMagic Xubuntu

Post#19 by burdi01 » 04 Jun 2019, 08:37

As e.g. an engrampa of both Slackware's and Alien's ffmpeg packages shows these do not contain a libffmpeg.so. Googling for "libffmpeg slackware" gives quite some hits.
Some research is needed. Added that research to my todo list. This may take some time though.
:D