Google Chrome

Technical issues/questions of an intermediate or advanced nature.
Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

Google Chrome

Post#1 by Jack » 11 May 2016, 20:37

The only good thing about Google Chrome is Other Languages on the Forum it will convert to English and convert back. It will be nice to read those message too. I was going to go back to Firefox but for now I will stay with Google Chrome.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Re: Google Chrome

Post#2 by donald » 12 May 2016, 00:19

Hi Jack

Would be interesting to know if the translated Text makes sense.
Try this one:
Re: Mein erster Eindruck (und Fragen) (Post by donald #45175)

My Experience with Google Translate
If I translate a German Text into English and back again into German, the result
makes no sense at all.. :no:

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

Post#3 by Jack » 12 May 2016, 01:12

donald wrote:Hi Jack

Would be interesting to know if the translated Text makes sense.
Try this one:
Re: Mein erster Eindruck (und Fragen) (Post by donald #45175)

My Experience with Google Translate
If I translate a German Text into English and back again into German, the result
makes no sense at all.. :no:
Here it came up with and you tell me.
Hello Fred Is your GIMP now in German or nich '? Why do I ask? Well, I have allowed myself the fun and fast times a KDE 64-bit on an old install usb-stick and then brought to the following modules: gimp-2.8.16 -x86_64-1_all.xzm - from the yandisk link (ztrapl) 07-printing.xzm - you need probably because "Python" can also bring otherwise the system, but as far as I wanted now do not go yet, so it was easiest. Need to do it already - when GIMP starts in the terminal, you can see a lot of error messages without Python, with python Yes, and the nvidia driver; but probably the only need I because 3.1 otherwise will not boot here. Everything in the Modules folder (= folder, we are talking yes German, ne) furnished> Network> Porteus settings center called "language setup"> ticked I want to search for, Kde Printing and selected devel> Has a little while rumgerödelt and at the end I had a "locales-de_DE.utf8-x86_64-1prt.xzm" in Modules are folders. > Restart uuuunnnd BINGO draufklicken to enlarge ..
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Post#4 by donald » 12 May 2016, 02:09

Jack
I can not judge whether the translation makes sense for someone with English as mother tongue.
I only had a few lessons English; about 45 years ago.
Some posts from me in English forum, lasted more than half an hour to write it.
-- search for words -- translate back and forth -- and the grammar?...I have no idea..
you see, i am not in the position to validate this translation..

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

Post#5 by Jack » 12 May 2016, 02:34

Sometime I wish there was only one Languages that it would make better for everyone.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#6 by brokenman » 13 May 2016, 20:27

I tried to read it but it gave me a headache. Didn't make a lot of sense.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#7 by Bogomips » 13 May 2016, 21:33

freetranslations.org

Hi Fred

Is your GIMP now in german or nich'?

Why I ask?
Well, I have given me the fun and just a KDE 64 bit on an old
USB - stick install and then the modules obtained:

GIMP-2.8.16-x86_64-1_all.xzm - the yandisk link (ztrapl)
07-printing.xzm - it needs probably due to 'Python'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can get elsewhere "Python" in the system, but so far I wanted
now don't go, so it was easiest.
Need to do it already – if you start GIMP in the Terminal, you can see lots of
Error messages without Python, Python No.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah, and the nvidia driver; but just I need, because 3.1 else here does not boot.

Everything in the modules folder (= folder, we talk here yes german, ne) > network > Porteus called settings center,
"language setup" > ticked that I would like to choose, KDE printing and devel chosen >
Has a little rumgerödelt and at the end had I a "locales en_US. utf8-x86_64-1prt.xzm"
lie in the modules folder. > Reboot uuuunnnd BINGO

Click on it to the increase

@ donald Half an hour is pretty good. Sometimes think I can spare 5 minutes to write a post, and suddenly find it's almost 20 minutes gone.
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

Post#8 by Jack » 14 May 2016, 22:55

I got fed up with Google Chrome and went back to Firefox. I use Firefox for a long time now and it hard to change to something new.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 by brokenman » 15 May 2016, 01:16

I like chrome because I can watch my movies over the network directly in the browser (mp4). I found the developer branch of Opera to be the fastest of them all. I mean, lightning fast.

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

Post#10 by Jack » 15 May 2016, 01:28

brokenman wrote:I like chrome because I can watch my movies over the network directly in the browser (mp4). I found the developer branch of Opera to be the fastest of them all. I mean, lightning fast.
After what you have said maybe I will give it another try. In fact I have 2 4GB thumb drive one with Chrome and one with Firefox so in not over yet.

fullmoonremix

Post#11 by fullmoonremix » 15 May 2016, 09:35

Salutations... :good:
I found the developer branch of Opera to be the fastest of them all. I mean, lightning fast.
Yep... this is why I favor Vivaldi and Fifth browsers although I prefer to watch movies w/ SlimJet (Chromimum).

"Best Regards"... :beer:

Posted by 73.150.85.78 via http://webwarper.net
This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#12 by Bogomips » 15 May 2016, 12:54

Evan wrote:VLC has a mp4 and media plugin for Firefox , not sure if it works across a network though.
It does. And so does gecko-mediaplayer(formerly mplayer-plugin), with gnome-mplayer dependency.
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 by brokenman » 15 May 2016, 17:29

Yes these media players have network streaming ability but I like that I can enter my NAS drive using web interface and just click on a movie to watch it. Otherwise I have to copy the network path of the video and then paste it into a console to run mplayer. I also like that I can open another tab in the browser and use the browser based transmission interface. More and more videos are compressed as mkv now which sucks because I don't think chrome can handle it. Correct me if I'm wrong.