RetroArch dependencies

Technical issues/questions of an intermediate or advanced nature.
JTD
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus-XFCE-v5.01-x86_64

RetroArch dependencies

Post#1 by JTD » 10 Sep 2022, 10:23

Hello Porteus community, I want to know how I would go around adding RetroArch dependencies as modules because the AppImage version (https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1. ... ux/x86_64/ - RetroArch_Qt.7z) doesn't seem to have everything in order to run properly on Porteus.

The terminal tells me I need libjack.so.0 but when I go to https://pkgs.org/download/libjack.so.0 there's no Slackware packages that I could potentially test with txz2xzm or something.

I was also wondering what happened with the Unified Slackware Package Manager (USM) because I can't find it on Porteus 5.0, I remember it being an easy way to solve dependencies.

Then there's the issue when I try to use
ldd RetroArch-Linux-x86_64.AppImage | grep "not found"
it tells me the file is not a dynamic executable so I can't see if there's more than just the libjack.so.0 it asks for.

And finally, if there is more than one dependency needed to run RetroArch on Porteus, what is a command that can merge every one of them into a single module?

Mind you I want to use the AppImage (and not turn RetroArch into a module) because I also use other distros (such as Mint and Xubuntu) so I rather have a single file (AppImage) that works with all distros.

Thank you in advance!

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

RetroArch dependencies

Post#2 by beny » 10 Sep 2022, 11:49

https://slakfinder.org/index.php?act=se ... e=#results
usm with porteus5 is a dead link, you have to use slackpkg with the pmod option and slpkg or the apt-get you have to tweak a little the configure but work well.

JTD
Black ninja
Black ninja

RetroArch dependencies

Post#3 by JTD » 10 Sep 2022, 17:23

It is as I feared, now that I have that dependency (got it from beny's link) it's asking me for libcelt0.so.2, but it is pointless to go like this over and over if I don't know the number of dependencies RetroArch needs (like using the ldd command) because there could be dozens or hundreds and going one by one is not really that optimal...

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

RetroArch dependencies

Post#4 by beny » 10 Sep 2022, 17:50

hi you can follow the search with slackfinder because there are also a lot of packages build from sbo so you have a lot of software to download celt is in, choose the 15.0 version and x86_64 and search...and i have see if you download flatpak from slackfinder,seem that your software run under flatpak too the stable version or am i wrong..try it

babam
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus 5.0rc3 Xfce K6.1.1

RetroArch dependencies

Post#5 by babam » 10 Sep 2022, 18:58

JTD,
Download and activate http://dl.porteus.org/x86_64/Porteus-v5 ... -gnome.xzm

Download and activate 011-slapt-get-0.11.6-x86_64-2gv.xzm slapt-get: slapt-get is an APT like system for Slackware package management.

Uncomment line 19 in /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc

Code: Select all

SOURCE=https://slakfinder.org/sbomt64-15.0/:DEFAULT
Use the getmod

sudo getmod -u
sudo getmod -m RetroArch xcb-util-image xcb-util-keysyms xcb-util-renderutil xcb-util-wm
Tested on Porteus 5.0 GNOME
Sorry, my English is bad.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

RetroArch dependencies

Post#6 by ncmprhnsbl » 11 Sep 2022, 00:23

JTD wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:23
It is as I feared, now that I have that dependency (got it from beny's link) it's asking me for libcelt0.so.2, but it is pointless to go like this over and over if I don't know the number of dependencies RetroArch needs (like using the ldd command) because there could be dozens or hundreds and going one by one is not really that optimal...
this is really the only way to determine missing deps for appimages..
in this case, i suspect all that you'll need is jack and celt (the reason being that appimages tend to be made using old distros that tend to include these)
or
follow babam's course and build a module native to the slackware world (which doesn't need jack or celt)
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

JTD
Black ninja
Black ninja

RetroArch dependencies

Post#7 by JTD » 11 Sep 2022, 22:15

Oh nice! I didn't know about slapt-get, it's the perfect replacement for USM as RetroArch AppImage now works thanks to your aid!
babam wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 18:58

sudo getmod -m RetroArch xcb-util-image xcb-util-keysyms xcb-util-renderutil xcb-util-wm
Mind telling me what these commands do specifically?

I read on your thread that -m creates a module of the software including its dependencies, but RetroArch itself was not downloaded was it? The whole command was about 5MB and it had the jack, celt etc. But since it has RetroArch in the command line I'm left wondering if it got RetroArch or only its dependencies.

Are these xcb-util-image xcb-util-keysyms xcb-util-renderutil xcb-util-wm utilities RetroArch related? Or just to make getmod work properly, can you tell me what they all do?

Also I tried the slapt-get command but it didn't seem to work for me, was it because I uncommented the line in the slapt-getrc file like you told me to?

Thank you for all your help!
ncmprhnsbl wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 00:23
this is really the only way to determine missing deps for appimages..
I see, so there's no variant of the "ldd" command to list all dependencies at once for AppImages, correct?

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

RetroArch dependencies

Post#8 by beny » 11 Sep 2022, 23:24

hi after using getmod -u you can use the /usr/sbin/slapt-get -l to view all the packages available from the repositories... if you have the slackfinder repo active RetroArch package is in

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

RetroArch dependencies

Post#9 by ncmprhnsbl » 12 Sep 2022, 02:31

JTD wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 22:15
I read on your thread that -m creates a module of the software including its dependencies, but RetroArch itself was not downloaded was it? The whole command was about 5MB and it had the jack, celt etc. But since it has RetroArch in the command line I'm left wondering if it got RetroArch or only its dependencies.
use:

lsxzm <the_module.xzm>
to find out what's in it.
or more specifically, for the packages in it:

lsxzm <the_module.xzm> | grep "var/lib/pkgtools/packages" 
JTD wrote:
But since it has RetroArch in the command line I'm left wondering if it got RetroArch or only its dependencies.
i'd be surprised if it didn't get RetroArch and its dependencies (or at least some of them)
JTD wrote:
xcb-util-image xcb-util-keysyms xcb-util-renderutil xcb-util-wm
not directly, they're for qt5, which i assume is included in the appimage.. so probly not needed..
JTD wrote:
I see, so there's no variant of the "ldd" command to list all dependencies at once for AppImages, correct?
not that i'm aware of ... beyond maybe extracting the appimage and running ldd on the binaries within it..
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

JTD
Black ninja
Black ninja

RetroArch dependencies

Post#10 by JTD » 12 Sep 2022, 10:36

beny wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 23:24
hi after using getmod -u you can use the /usr/sbin/slapt-get -l to view all the packages available from the repositories... if you have the slackfinder repo active RetroArch package is in
Thank you beny I will try messing with the slapt-get more to understand more about it and that's a good start.
ncmprhnsbl wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 02:31
i'd be surprised if it didn't get RetroArch and its dependencies (or at least some of them)
And thank you too ncmprhnsbl for the useful commands, about this quote above I believe it did get RetroArch itself because it created a .Desktop launcher and some of the directories in the .AppImage got messed up (looking for Cores in /usr/lib64/libretro instead of the designated AppImage directory). I will try unpacking the module and exclude RetroArch itself so only the dependencies are inside the module.

extrem0
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus XFCE v5.0 x86_64

RetroArch dependencies

Post#11 by extrem0 » 27 Jan 2023, 07:50

JTD wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 10:23
And finally, if there is more than one dependency needed to run RetroArch on Porteus, what is a command that can merge every one of them into a single module?
Any progress with the launch of RetroArch? Faced the same problem.

./RetroArch-Linux-x86_64.AppImage: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

RetroArch dependencies

Post#12 by beny » 27 Jan 2023, 10:48

extrem0
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus XFCE v5.0 x86_64

RetroArch dependencies

Post#13 by extrem0 » 12 Feb 2023, 12:36

beny wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 10:48
you can search here: https://slackware.nl/slakfinder/index.p ... e=#results
Thank you! It works now with jack2-1.9.20-x86_64-1alien.