Arch based Porteus community project

Moderator: M. Eerie

Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

lxmusic

Post#1 by Jack » 19 Jan 2018, 22:30

I try to run lxmusic but it would not, so I tried in lxterminal and here is the output.

Code: Select all

[guest@porteus ~]$ lxmusic
xmms2-launcher: startup of xmms2d failed!
Connection failed: xmms2d is not running.
[guest@porteus ~]$ su
Password: 
[porteus guest]# lxmusic

** (lxmusic:2914): WARNING **: on_playback_volume_changed: couldn't get volume
FAIL in xmmsc/xmmstypes: Check 'xmmsv_is_type (dictv, XMMSV_TYPE_DICT)' failed in xmmsv_dict_foreach at ../src/lib/xmmstypes/xmmsv_dict.c:512
FAIL in xmmsc/xmmstypes: Check 'xmmsv_is_type (dictv, XMMSV_TYPE_DICT)' failed in xmmsv_dict_foreach at ../src/lib/xmmstypes/xmmsv_dict.c:512

** (lxmusic:2914): WARNING **: Server Quit
[porteus guest]#
What could be the problem and what will it take to fixed it?
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

lxmusic

Post#2 by ncmprhnsbl » 21 Jan 2018, 01:08

not sure if i had the same issue as you (mine was no sound from lxmusic) but i fixed it by > in preferences > changing (output?) from pulseaudio to alsa..
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

lxmusic

Post#3 by Jack » 21 Jan 2018, 03:23

ncmprhnsbl wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 01:08
not sure if i had the same issue as you (mine was no sound from lxmusic) but i fixed it by > in preferences > changing (output?) from pulseaudio to alsa..
I can't change mind from pulseaudio to alsa. It don't have alsa as a choice.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

lxmusic

Post#4 by brokenman » 21 Jan 2018, 22:19

Connection failed: xmms2d is not running.
Your problem is xmms2d is not running. Do you have xmms installed?
Can you start the daemon manually?
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

lxmusic

Post#5 by ncmprhnsbl » 23 Jan 2018, 23:59

brokenman wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 22:19
Do you have xmms installed?
xmms2 is there..
i had no problem starting lxmusic with the lxde module Jack supplied me..
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

Jack
Contributor
Contributor

lxmusic

Post#6 by Jack » 24 Jan 2018, 00:12

That error is in the Slackware version to. It is in my lxde and fulalas lxde version.