checksums for latest iso's & devel module?

Arch based Porteus community project

Moderator: M. Eerie

isr
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus-2.0 & gentoo

checksums for latest iso's & devel module?

Post#1 by isr » 29 Feb 2016, 07:15

Just wondering if there are valid checksums anywhere for the latest nemesis iso's and the 05-devel.xzm module?

If not, could I suggest that you:
- generate checksums
- pgp sign the checksum file (if its hosted on the same machine as the iso's, then anyone modifying the iso's could also modify the checksum as well)

I know its a pain in the backside (sorry), but once setup, it should be automatic from then on. And if not, then ... (case in point, the recent high-profile tampering of Linux Mint iso's)

BTW, is http://brokenman.porteus.org/porteus/x8 ... -devel.xzm still relevant for the (later) 3.5 iso's?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere on this forum and I missed it :)

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Re: checksums for latest iso's & devel module?

Post#2 by Rava » 16 Apr 2016, 05:47

It also includes the GNU C & C++ linker and compiler (and more than just these), all also needed for compiling. :D

And since every Port version has a different kernel version, it is very unlikely that you could use any other 05-devel.xzm than the one for that very version.

(That's the reason I often rename 05-devel.xzm to include the version, like 05-devel_3.1x86-64.xzm, when running several different Port versions, like 3.0 and 3.1, or more important, when running 3.1 and 3.2rc1, 3.2rc2 and such (when they come out, that is) xD
Cheers!
Yours Rava